1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebola

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Sep 16, 2014.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Had not seen a picture of her before today. I am not sure if the state of Maine has enough military stuff at their disposal to fight off a pissed off redhead...

3. In Your Corner

They'll just send a couple game wardens.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Don't fuck with the Clam Cops! :tut:

5. joec

joec brace yourself

there is so much stupid going on with that situation. let's say she violated a court order, they're all so afraid of her, who the hell is going to run over to slap cuffs on her. it's just all stupid.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

They wont stop her. Luckily she is part of the most protected class of Americans, white women. If she were a male nurse there would be an MRAP full of jack boots parked outside the front door.

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

OK..so the verbage of the oath verbatim may be a bit dated..but it's still highly unethical, in my opinion, for a health care professional to go into a hazardous area to treat patients then NOT do EVERYTHING he or she can to prevent the disease/virus from spreading.

If I'm a Doctor or Nurse coming back from West Africa, I have NO issue with being tested for Ebola AND waiting 21 days to be double sure I'm not infected and possibly spreading Ebola here in the US.

I'm just not feeling their outrage.

8. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

It may not be their outrage. She's protesting totally made up random rules being thrown at her. The tent thing was ridiculous. She went out for a bike ride today. There is no court order forbidding it, and certainly no law...

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

On the law side, states have pretty sweeping powers when it comes to quarantines and what they can impose for restrictions. Where I think this is breaking down is the fact that she's being told to stay in a house with her boyfriend who's going to college still? Yeah... that's a solid plan.

10. In Your Corner

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is there an effective African Union that is supposed to deal with these situations? It's a damned predominantly third world continent, what response is expected?

12. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Well something better than burying their heads in the sand...

This shit is literally at their door step and instead of trying to mitigate the damage away from their own countries by being preemptive they are ignoring it.

Nothing like ignoring your neighbor as he fights a fire instead of helping so that it doesnt catch your house on fire next.

13. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Good news but still going on over there unfortunately. I like being wrong on topics like this but be careful you don't confuse luck with prepared.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Google is asking for donations to help fight ebola. We'll match every dollar with two.

Hey, here's an idea, how about you fight child hunger in america or donate to fight nut cancer? F@ckin' trend jumping jackoffs!

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Did he get an awkward Ebola hug too?

[​IMG]

17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Add another state to the count though this one is unlikely to spread.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What they do with the body of that dude that died of ebola?