1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebola

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Sep 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Enough said.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I am so glad I was busy for the last week, haven't read any of the shit in here. I think I'll stay busy this week too...

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Never let it be said that apathy doesn't have its own rewards.

If you ever feel like giving up on Thiamism, I'm thinking of getting the whole Apatheticist Church off the ground. :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd join that too but I'm finding it hard to care.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Charlatan, the truly apathetic don't care. You just want the riches being an apathetevangelist will bring.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I forgot, you need data or a link of some kind. Maybe meaningless statistics, rather than just actual experience.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It is now coming out that poooor nurse that was a volunteer with doctors without borders was really a CDC employee. Can anyone say Setup? I bet she even faked a fever.

More government lies.

8. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

good grief

9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Link?

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

11. sheepofblue

12. sheepofblue

Oh and for some left wing opposition links:
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/let-the-smearing-of-left-wing-quarantined-nurse-kaci-hickox-begin/

Though the sentence "Meanwhile, Hickox’s piece called the mandatory quarantine at odds with the medical science consensus, which, whether you agree with the consensus or not, is indisputable at this point." is typical of the current administration. All science they like cannot be disputed which in itself says the science is crap. As an example me and a coworker with a PHD in a fluid dynamics related topic had a discussion on whether the minimum is truly the minimum. Based on current science and observations his point was 100% on, but my point was there is a long history of those things being overturned. In the end nothing resolved (or I would be in line for a Nobel Prize) but it was still 'disputable'. The stuff they claim is beyond debate is FAR less established. Add in the recent gaffs by the CDC and a history of government lies and certainly dispute is reasonable to consider.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Reasonable? I'd say skepticism is the prudent course.

14. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

This thread never disappoints. :crackup:

15. Joe Morris

16. sheepofblue

Interesting story but very England centric in its thinking. For instance the coffee and pastry comparison in MS ignores that we have PRIVATE health care. Also it ignores a huge cost of living delta between MS and NY (even more for NYC) Also his utter lack of understanding of separation of powers and the disdain for a proven effective system of it. Still good to hear a reasoned other perspective though (regardless if I disagree with some of the reasoning).

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

18. Joe Morris

We need to out-panic them! We're taking this thing to 11. :cool:

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'm finding these nurses that are sqawking about the 21 days quarantine highly unethical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightingale_Pledge

<quote>
    "Practical Nurse Pledge", a modern version based on the "Nightingale Pledge"

Before God and those assembled here, I solemnly pledge;
    To adhere to the code of ethics of the nursing profession;
    To co-operate faithfully with the other members of the nursing team and to carryout [sic] faithfully and to the best of my ability the instructions of the physician or the nurse who may be assigned to supervise my work;
    I will not do anything evil or malicious and I will not knowingly give any harmful drug or assist in malpractice.
    I will not reveal any confidential information that may come to my knowledge in the course of my work.
    And I pledge myself to do all in my power to raise the standards and prestige of the practical nursing;
    May my life be devoted to service and to the high ideals of the nursing profession.[5]

</quote>

I commend them for going into an area where a dangerous infectious disease is spreading to help those in need. But, when they return I cannot see a problem with waiting out the incubation period in order to ensure they didn't bring it back with them in order to protect the public safety here back at home. To me disregarding those kind of practical safeguards is in the realm of "doing something evil and malicious".

I'd have no problems waiting out 21 days if I went and came back. IF I got sick, I'd feel horrible about passing it to someone else...my son or friends back home.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Unless you believe they intentionally are trying to spread the disease, I don't see how that comes even close to evil or malicious. Dangerous: possibly. Careless, negligent: likely. But evil? Malicious? Get serious.