1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donald Trump..... Screw the politicians!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by luke738, Jun 17, 2015.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Trump got the GOP nomination?

Hillary got the Democrat nomination?

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Those are not stranger than if the House elected Gary Johnson after a tied electoral college vote... c'mon now!

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Right the two major parties that have an iron fist on our government will just cede the highest office in the land to a Libertarian. :crackup:

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I think Trump getting the Republican nomination was a longer shot than Gary Johnson being elected by the House if it comes to that.

Is it really so far fetched? The state delegations vote for President, not the members themselves. That gives the advantage to the Republicans since there are many more Republican leaning states than Democrat. Many Republicans find Trump repugnant and personally objectionable and did everything they could to dump him. Johnson is a successful former 2 term Republican governor with moderate social positions. Even the Democrats would prefer him over Trump. If it actually came to the House, is it really that far fetched? I'm positive Hillary wouldn't be elected in the House due to her personal unpopularity and the relative dominance of small states in the process. It'd be either Trunp or Johnson. Congress would be under enormous pressure to select someone, it's conceivable we wouldn't have a President on Inauguration Day.

Now I don't see it going down to the House, but it's happened twice in history and almost happened 5 or 6 other times so it's not implausible. The 2000 election was decided by the Supreme Court, so there's recent precedent for out of the norm processes. This election has been so great I just don't want the drama to end.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

How? All they did was tell Florida if they wanted to recount, they had to include all the ballots. It changed nothing, and in fact all recounts still had Bush winning Florida.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

7. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, why don't you like Ryan?

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The democrat party hates women and minorities with an absolute fervor. If you do not walk goose step with them and stay on their plantation, you will be destroyed for the worthless minority or woman you are to them.

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

They were. So much so that their brains fell out & now they only judge the merit of things based upon reptilian feelings.

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Exactly. My daughter and her boyfriend do not talk about politics or social justice bullshit at all at their school due to the fact that there are so many negative ramifications to being conservative on campus. They both believe in success thru hard work and personal responsibility though so that puts them at odds with a big chunk of the student body. Apparently "free speech" does not apply to anyone with conservative viewpoints.

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

irrelevant to any particular viewpoint on a specific subject... i do find it a tad eyebrow raising that you consider personal responsibility/hard work and social equality/service mutually exclusive when they clearly don't have to be at all. or that republicans/conservatives put a flag in the ground on hard work or personal responsibility and can lay claim to it. just sayin...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Uhh, because they are. Retard.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

whatever you say baby dick. keep living in your imasculated fantasy world.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sure thing, Trigglypuff

Fonda Dix likes this.
  16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Nothing is 100%. You can argue the exception all you want but it does not change the fact that if you work hard and take responsibility for your actions you increase your chances of being successful but if you sit around whining about how things are not fair and how your situation is someone else's fault you decrease your chances of success.

JTW likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Soooooo close...

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I was trying to be nice so that Shittypants did not go in to a full on Dung Beetle social justice rage...

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well don't. If we can't make the libtards go full Dung Beetle, why the fuck are we here?

Orvis and crashman like this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Because you realized how much you needed this place when you had your meltdown and left. :D