1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone have any advice on divorce...

Discussion in 'General' started by CycleWorx Inc., Aug 17, 2010.

1. This is a good suggestion. Don't know how it works in your state, but here in Tennessee, if you start paying child support for a child you believe to be yours, you are obligated to pay it for the entire term of agreement, or until the child reaches majority, EVEN IF YOU FIND OUT LATER THAT THE CHILD IS NOT YOURS. It would not surprise me to learn that most states' child support laws are similar.

A couple of years ago Tennessee led the nation in having the largest number of men paying child support for children that were not their biological offspring. It's a truly special place :)

Anyway, having all the facts now will make everything more settled and clear in the future.

2. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Here is something to think about that is fucked up.

My mom gets child support for me until I'm done with college, due to WI law or something.... Fucked up thing? I live with my dad and don't see a dime.

3. countryboy

countryboy Member

hey man i hope all is well. stay grounded and never loose touch with your child regardless of the outcome. there's god,man,riding,and then woman. lol. one day at a time. peace

4. countryboy

countryboy Member

life

hey man i hope all is well. stay grounded and be there for your kid regardless of the outcome. u always have to go thru something to recevice something. keep in mind that riding heals all wounds.lol

5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Just to put a glimmer of hope out there, when my wife and I got divorced we sat down and figured out how to split things up. She went to the IU law library and did a little research to see how it should be documented. Once she had a draft written up I had my secretary type it up and she submitted it to the court. We were divorced in about 3 months and I never even had to show my face in court. Of course this was in the late 80's and I don't know how much the legal system has changed. She never came back asking for more. No kids though.....and I was the one who phucked things up. Should have never gotten married in my early 20's...to many wild oats to sew.....hell, still have too many:D. Oh, and don't do the marriage thing again. Much easier to just break up with them...

6. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

same here, except it was about 4 years ago, back in michigan. Fortunately, we didn't have kids. It was a simple divorce, no attorneys involved. I found out later why it had been so easy- she'd been cheating. Shoulda gotten my own lawyer & gone after half of her assets... :D

oh yeah, resist the urge to get back together. Right now, you're thinking that she's the love of your life and you'll never be happy without her and you'd maybe even give up bikes for another chance. I got back with my ex about 6 months after we'd split. had another good 6 months before she split again. miminz iz crazy! Now that I'm not married and getting laid on a regular basis, I've never been happier and I am in no hurry to get married again, no matter how much my girlfriend nags about how much she'd like a ring and a baby.

7. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Hell ya man! Really simplifies things. "I'm sorry that I don't make you happy honey, I guess I'll miss you....buh bye.":beer:

8. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Q: What do a Man about to get Married and a Man about to get a Divorce have in common?? :confused:

A: They both say "I'm gonna get LAID ALL THE TIME!!!!" :crackup: :clap:

9. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but... :stupid:

"Monkeys swinging through the trees generally won't let go of a branch in hand until they have a grasp on the next one." ;)

Good luck and stay strong for your child. :up:

10. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

Well if you lived your entire life with your mom then went to college and are staying with your dad...not a big deal.

But if you decided to go live with your Dad when you were 13yr old then child support should have stopped going to your mom. Are you sure its not Alimony??

BTW...the kids never see an actual dime from child support.

I will share my story briefly...

I have a daughter out of wed-lock she is now 11yrs old and she lives 900 miles away. I fly to see her or bring her down every 6-8 weeks for the last 11 yrs. I have increased my CS though the years. We were never married and have worked things out between us without attorney's and courts. The flights and and CS together are close to $12k + a year. It has worked for us depsite her mother remarring having another child, and now going thru nasty divorce while letting her boyfriend move in with her.. A real Jerry springer episode for sure...YES I did get a DNA test after she was born..I am 434% more likely the father than another male...thats good enough for me...

My only concerns are my daughter and the environment that she is living in..and i am keeping a close eye on that for sure..

GET A LAWYER...you two were married and yes get a DNA test because it seems fishy for you to be together for 11yrs and then BAMM she is gone.

Good Luck and stay positive for your daughter

11. Erz

Erz Well-Known Member

This thread has basically told me what I already knew. That Bitches be scandalous.

Best of luck to the OP.

12. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

I lived with my mom till I was out of HS

But as much as I love my mom.

13. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

+1 I agree with SmokeSignal, you never know what can transpire 5 years from now...

14. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Thanks to this thread - I'm seriously considering getting the boys snipped....

I don't have any kids and at this stage in my life, I don't want to take ANY chances...
    :beer:

I have a buddy who is turning 50 this year and recently married a mid-30 something honey... You guessed it, she now wants a kid - even though the original deal was 'no kids'.:rolleyes:

She's hot, but not that hot and he has money, but not that much money...

And that's the second buddy I know who had this happen... that's just not cool, ladies :tut:

15. OptimizedGSXR

OptimizedGSXR Well-Known Member

16. I'm in a similar situation. Biological clock trumps intellect every time :(

17. Oh, and another thing - if you are married, you will not find a doctor anywhere in the US who will perform this procedure without getting your wife's active consent.

18. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Are you bullshitting me?:confused: No man, I'm calling BS on this. Just did a search and it does not look to be true..... I thought that sounded pretty messed up...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  19. I wish I was.

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

It is not true. One of my best friends went and did it and I know she didn't approve because it started a HUGE fight between them. This was in Michigan if it matters on a state level.