1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber Formula 500 Shootout!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by charles, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

I am not racing (didn't get the 250 finished) but Pat and I plan to come over for the event - just to see the Formula 500 race. Now, Paul has to work so his TZ 350 is in my shop. Handling wasn't good at Roebling, haven't figured out the emulators yet, but any of that top group want to rent a bike? Maybe one of the under-dogs? (You have to be familiar with two strokes....)
    Lyn Garland

2. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

I will rent your time in my pits to be my spanner man on the TZ. Gearing changes, plug checks starting, pit boards(I will need to know how far back joe is)

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

:D Oh, I soo can't wait for Saturday.

4. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

How much lyn ??:clap:

5. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Re: PREDICTIONS

Yea, I'll be on the fat wagon pulling up the rear, I more I think about the more I know I don't have a chance in hell of pulling down a top five. If this was held later with some more sorting I'd feel better. Excuse me while I go smash my head on the wall...

Maybe I should just blow it off and head to summit for some good points. Be the smart move but I'm not very:rolleyes:

6. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

Underdog

Lyn, how bad of an underdog could one be and still get to ride the TZ???? And does breaking a lot of 2 stroke engine parts qualify as familiar with 2 strokes? I can see it now...Cinderella story...kid from no where..turn 3 of Agusta..I mean Barber.....Just kidding..I wouldn't know what to do with a real racebike.....Ok...I know what you are thinking....I don't know what to do with the bike I have either....:p

7. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

You have to want it real bad to pay 140. per day for one bike to practice.:up:

8. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

Evilhorde: Yes, breaking a lot of 2 stroke parts qualifies you as an expert; that's how I got so knowledgeable. But I have received threats and bribes from certain 4 stroke riders if I rent the TZ out. They don't care if I ride it, they just don't want anyone with any skill to get on it.

BTW, some guy with the handle WERA33 (or something like that) asked too. I don't think I know him. He might be a good candidate. You know, unskilled rider like me. Do you know, does he have any 2 stroke experience?

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Don't let him ride it, he'll bust the rear suspension :D

10. lizard84

BS.

For my part, I couldn't care less. Make my day punk...

:beer:

Whats one more two stroke berm in a crowd of them anyhoo;)

11. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

So it sounds like your planning on trying a one foot off the peg move in the last turn on us?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  12. lizard84

Lizard "Son of a Whore" 84

Sort has a ring to it... ;)

13. Yamaha Fan

Well if you say so... Damn, I would never go so far as insulting your mother :)

14. lizard84

And my normal MO is to shoot off the berms in the 1st turn.

15. Yamaha Fan

I am not sure, I heard he used to ride a 2-stroke a long time ago (when they ran pure bean oil I think) but it has been so long since anyone has seen him... he may have forgotten how to race a 2-stroke ;)

16. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Once again my limey friend brings up the size of my ass.....or arse as they say! in a manner of speaking.

And my 2 stroke resume is long and distinguished just like my...well you know...:)

17. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

Robin, they say everything is bigger in America. Wera33 is the proof.

18. charles

charles The Transporter

Well, so... you're looking for a rider without any skill....hmmm....
    errrr... maybe I should ride it???

19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:D :D :D :D :clap: :clap:

20. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Dooough!!!!

you bringing your rz dave?