1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber Formula 500 Shootout!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by charles, Mar 24, 2005.

1. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Wow, she must've looked rough. Most GP girlfriends look good enough, I'd sleep with them for free. :p

2. charles

charles The Transporter

Oh no you don't...things have to be kept on the boil now, it's much much too late, I've already ordered up the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie...why, we might even get fans out to watch this re-match of the ol' Rainey-Schwantz( or Ali-Frazier) matches... excluding me, there are some pretty damn good riders supposed to be coming out for this inaugural Moto-Formula 500 and the tension is evident...now rumor has Joe Pomery coming out on
    a 465cc RD...Lucas might show up...and some dude from the U.K.
    so yes, it's no doubt going to be a very good race... don't worry Triumphman, I'll get you in to Bob's Open House Extravaganza...
    (did I spell everything okay?)...someone criticize me, please, I'm feeling left out and depressed about it...oh, and then there's this guy Mark Morrow, lest we forget his hard-earned Championships
    because you can bet he won't let this race slip away...

3. ring ding

ring ding Well-Known Member

Lucas? nope, never heaRD of him.

4. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

Re: Come on, are you guys serious????

Don't worry I do ride clean I just make my shorts dirty once in a while.:) Webber are you going to have the body gaurd with you ?Sorry in advance for any missed spelling.:beer:

5. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

I am just trying like hell to get the TZ ready so I can watch the F-500 race.

6. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Understandably the din that has been raised over our public exchange signifies that others have become weary of this vitriolic exchange so I will refrain from further replies.

It is doubtful that our relationship will ever be the same after the PM and E-mail exchange that took place outside of this venue over the WERA Vintage changes...

Realize that while your skills have always allowed you to best me on the track you don't have the same leverage here.

The "spelling" comment included ;) read some of my old post before I installed an on line spell checker,, just as bad as yours....... there is a BIG difference between poking fun at spelling and telling someone that they are a nadless rider..

Best that we refrain from further exchanges in this forum, we have mutual friends that this has offended, it is better for the BBS and probably the best idea overall.....

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  7. charles

charles The Transporter

No watching for you, Buff-Man, just riding that HONDA...here's a song for you to start on before Barber:

"First gear (Honda Honda), it's alright (faster faster)
    Second gear (little Honda Honda) I lean right (faster faster)
    Third gear (Honda Honda) hang on tight (faster faster)
    Faster, It's Alright...."

- The Hondells, 1964

Come race day, all of us want to hear you fire up that HONDA...
    (Mr. Honda himself visited me last night, Buff, no shit, and he said,
    Kon-ban-wa, Charres-san!!! Prease terr Buff-san okay to ride HONDA at Barber. You rike basu-ball?)

8. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Been running dunlops for about 3 years now, noticed that you and guys like Buff run them, they have been GREAT......

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  9. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Re: Re: Come on, are you guys serious????

No need to say your sorry you Limy riding, goofy footed bastard:cool: :beer:

Yes, the bodyguard is coming!, no doubt she will be in a foul mood as she detests long ass car trips.

I plan to advise her to take her rage out on you and Bob and leave me alone while I suckup to Tom & try to convince him that I can learn to shift from the right with no worrys.

I will however tell her that while the sweet looking Triumphs are off limits, I will be looking the other way if an RD or two somehow falls off there stand out of nowhere...;)

10. charles

charles The Transporter

Re: Re: Re: Come on, are you guys serious????

"...an RD or two somehow falls off there (sic) stand..."

Shocking! Outrageous! Terrifying!
    Is there no civility left?

11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Come on, are you guys serious????

:D

12. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

Now that is the kind of abuse I can take.:beer:

13. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

AT LAST!!!!! I finally get a chance to leap to the defense of poor, helpless RD's!! Hmmmmm, No way I can physically keep Tina from knocking RD's off of their stands, at least, not without my OWN bodyguard. (and a BIG one at that !!) Maybe I can get her to check out some of my "samples" and get her tanked so that she indescriminately (Spelling....)starts knocking ALL of the F-500 bikes off of their stands. (especially hubbys...) My bike, being born to abuse, (I DID own it for 2 years before....) will shrug off a little knock-over. In fact, it will probably run FASTER with a couple good scratches. (it really just looks TOO pretty right now...)
    The way I see it, this will be my ONLY chance to even hang with the competition that will be at Barber!!

BTW- Not sure why eeryones so excited about Spargo. He's easy to beat. (when he has no front brakes!!)
    :eek: :cool: :D

14. charles

charles The Transporter

Thanks, Mark, for speaking out against this latest outrage ! Knocking RD's off their respective stands! It just won't...err...
    it won't stand! I propose all RD's be pitted together to guard against this type of perversion...and that we weld the stands to the bikes...Spargo must not be coming, else we would have heard from him...any pre-race predictions Mark, you usually get it right from the start???

15. cspargo

cspargo Well-Known Member

Don't worry - I'll push my bike over in my driveway and get it over with. Seems I had it on the ground enough last year to keep it sufficiently ugly, so it shouldn't have much of an effect....

16. charles

charles The Transporter

I think some would like you to push it out of the back of your van
    on the way here!!! You can see this event might get 'testy', so I've arranged for several large hungry Dobermans to sit next to the bikes...when will you be arriving, Chris?

17. cspargo

I'm hoping to get in early for a change and practice for once. Any idea when the track opens?

18. cspargo

Also, is there anything reasonable I can run on Sunday? Seems silly to drive all that way and only race for one day...

19. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Come on, are you guys serious????

Yeah right Mark...your only chance to even hang with the competition huh????? Such modesty. And here I thought Lizard was the biggest sand bagger of the bunch....I didn't read the rule book, but couldn't Chris ride the TZ in one of the V6 classes on Sunday?

20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

F-500 race results prediction since nobody else will chime in:

1. An RD rider
    2. An RD rider
    3. An RD rider
    4. An RD rider
    5. A Triumph rider
    6. A GS rider.

:D