1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber Formula 500 Shootout!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by charles, Mar 24, 2005.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

Who might come up with the victory in the upcoming Formula
    500 at Barber? Mark M, riding his old-but-new championship 350?
    Bob "The Doctor" Macauley, on his tricked out 400? Could it be
    50 Joe on a mystery ride? Bob Weber? perhaps a Triumph?
    Will we see any fast new riders?

2. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Let me see who I can drag out of the woodwork... Might be a rusty old beast or two that could show up...

3. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

sounds like alot of fun to me and I won't miss it .mybe Buff will bring out the 450 and join in the fun.:)

4. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

DAM! sounds like fun. it would be great if kevin brown would show also. heard a rumor another former champion might make it out for barber and f500. could be five or six champs in that race.
    if my h1 wasent just a pile of parts............:(

5. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

Not a champ..maybe a chump

Thanks for the introduction Scott....:D Ok so maybe I am a second tier rider, but I do plan to join the evil 2 stroke hordes as we decend on Barber for F-500. That is IF I get a motor together. Hopefully, we can end up with a full grid, and have some great racing. See you all there.

Todd

6. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Stauber might make it as well. Providing we can excorcise the demons in his bike before then.

Can't Wait!!:cool:

7. triumphman

It's a two stroke, its full of demons.:) You asked for that one.:)

8. cspargo

cspargo Well-Known Member

Demons have an extremely high BMEP, low BTUS/lb for good cooling, and a very bad attitude. I always keep a few in the spares box for emergencies...

9. charles

charles The Transporter

Why Mr. Spargo! Might you join in at Barber for the shootout in
    Formula 500??? As for me, why, I will have one of the best seats in the house, errr...ummmm...watching the race unfold in front of me and encouraging the race leaders as they go past!!

It would be sweet indeed to see a Formula 500 grid full of DEMONIC 2-STROKES!!!

10. cspargo

Are you talking about the bikes or the riders?

11. charles

charles The Transporter

He means both, Chris...NOW, ARE YOU COMING TO JOIN THE FRACAS?

12. cspargo

It's a long, long walk from Minneapolis. We shall see...

cjs

13. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

We had 7 bikes in F500 at Roebling, not a bad size class at all but this is shaping up to be a record F500 turnout.

I'd like to do well of course but that little Triumph goes well anywhere, I look for Tim to do very well.

Bob:beer:

14. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Don't know, do you resemble that remark? :D And Kev raced at Ohio in '04, that's less than a year ago...

;)

15. charles

charles The Transporter

Didn't realize you're way out there...but think of all the races you could take in on your way home!!! Would be nice to have ya come on down, enjoy Southern hospitality and sunshine...
    we'd like to see that 70 plus horsepower you've got put to use...

16. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

THIS IS MAKING IT VERY HARD TO LEAVE THE HONDA IN THE HANGER...

17. charles

charles The Transporter

Oh Buff, glad to hear from you! Bring that HONDA out... of course, no one would say anything if you kept it in the hanger, given
    the potent demonic 2-strokes showing up for this race...it is always peachy to have a real old "vintage" bike like yours on the grid, no matter what shape it's in...

18. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

come on buff no hangar queens!

19. triumphman

Bob have you ever seen the little triumph? Going to do some prep work on it right now,nothing major just build a new exaust and intakes.:)

20. cspargo

Hell - if I lived in GA I'd be there in a heartbeat.

cjs