1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber Formula 500 Shootout!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by charles, Mar 24, 2005.

1. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

Yes You are rigt I did though it away but all on my own.It was toms bike too and after what 3 years and how many championships only one crash and he knows that if you don't go down once in a blue moon then you are pussy footing around.Im sure Tom will chime in to tell how out of control I am.Your a joke no nads bob.:moon:

2. charles

charles The Transporter

Gentlemen! Gentlemen! Why can't we just get along???

Triumphman! Yamaha Fan!

Start thinking Buff on that HONDA...

Start thinking Mark Morrow on that old-but new 350...

And what about Joe???

Pre-race predictions are in order...come Monday...

3. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

don't short me!

18 years...

4. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Wow defensive aren't we, hit a nerve did I Tim :D You did it all alone? wow,, even a smarter move than I thought :up: .. Am I wrong or did you not polish the concrete year or two ago at Daytona in the wet with some orange and black paint? No brains (or is it no memory) Tim..... awwww your blushing, for the record You could not hold one of my nads..... Your the punch line and its not funny.....

hey I did not know you were twins, your brother looks just like you!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  5. Yamaha Fan

I apologize, 18 it is!

6. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Dayumn! At least Rossi and Biaggi just throw an occasoinal elbow. You guys are gettin downright personal with this! :D Can't wait to see it all come down. :clap:

7. triumphman

Bob When you grow up and ride my level then you will understand what it takes to go fast .Once again 4 or five years and only downed the HD one in a monsoon not to bad I'll pat myself for that one.:)

8. lizard84

Lets take the edge off and talk about something that won't cause a stink.

I'm thinking of dragging out my old swingarm with the bracing from hell!

;) :rock:

No reason for the" rock on" smilie, just didn't have the chance to use it yet

9. Yamaha Fan

Yes Tim we all worship the God that you are to vintage racing without you we would not have a reason exist...... you miss the point or should I say it is over your head..... It is obvious that you must feel threatened by me or something, when I have been racing as long as you have you can pass judgment on my riding ability until then its little more than an expression of your ego, if it makes you feel good be proud I am sure you need it....

Lets see the last exchange ended with you threating to kick my ass, this one denigrated until your calling me nadless.... wow you've really got game there Tim! admittedly your one of the great riders in WV, Unfortunately you think stepping on some of the rest of us to prove that is somehow a positive....

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  10. lizard84

Oh, the Hell with it...

A 6pack says my 4 stroke brother with the poor spelling kicks some butt at Tally this weekend!!

( I too can't spell for shit so I'm allowed to hammer that limy riding bastard at will) :D

:Pop: :beer: :rock:

11. charles

charles The Transporter

Allrighty now, even i'm starting to get fired up reading all this
    ass-kickin' talk...I've been riding since 1956 and I'm gonna watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre before Barber to put me in the right mood...gettin a beat down from me would be humiliatin'...so I'm also gonna install some trick titalumin parts...

12. wera #3

wera #3 Well-Known Member

well since its FORMULA 500 .......i think KITTEN should be allowed to run....shes a 500.................its the only chance i would have

13. charles

charles The Transporter

Your license has been revoked and cancelled.

Mongo

14. triumphman

Bob, you know what gets me going so you continue to talk shit. I for one have got less time racing than you and do not have a big head as I just enjoy being around most of the vintage crowd.You continue to talk big on here and can't back it up.Am I invited to your big party buddy.:)

15. triumphman

Bob, you know what gets me going so you continue to talk shit. I for one have got less time racing than you and do not have a big head as I just enjoy being around most of the vintage crowd.You continue to talk big on here and can't back it up.Am I invited to your big party buddy.:)

16. triumphman

17. Yamaha Fan

Your totally out to lunch, Where have I "talked big" I pay Spargo a compliment and you slam me for it, that is talking big in your book? Ohh wait I guess the comment "the rest of us will be probably be racing for second was the talking big part, I stand corrected, obviously I should not have included myself in that group.. I should have limited my aspirations to 4th or lower.

I have chided back and forth with Bob on the 2-stroke VS 4 stroke thread about the bikes, but never have I touted my ability other than to defend my riding from your slams based on how long I have been racing (you must be confused by reading your own posts) Part of your confusion may come from reading what some else has chosen to post.

I have a pretty objective outlook on my racing, I am thankful to have achieved the main goal I had the first year I started racing with vintage, that being not to get lapped, The fact that you don't understand this is of no concern to me. Care to provide and example of your Big head theory? you might want to spend some time actually ready some of my posts here Step away from the mirror, the head you are seeing is your own. How in the world do you have less racing time than I do? you just make this up as you go?

Why in the world would you want to have anything to do with me? By definition a party is a good time (never said it was going to be a big one) and with how you feel about me there is no way you could have a good time at anything I would put on......

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  18. triumphman

BoBBY this hole thing startedwith me just saying im not running for second And we all have been bullshiting on this tread.Then you slam me with the spelling. You slam me your going to get it back .I don't know why you feel you have to be such a dick on the computer because your not that way in person.And as for the big head Im just another vintage racer trying to have fun but its hard with dicks like you out there.Why don't you go chase somemore dick.:)

19. cspargo

cspargo Well-Known Member

Alright - everybody chill out. Bob - thanks for the compliment. Tim's right though - the race has ALREADY started - we're just jockeying for emotional position. You're 10x the preparer I am, and that pays off. Oh - and get some dunlops.
    You can't win without 'em. :Poke:

Back in the day, I heard there was a 10K reward from one of the 500GP guys for anybody that slept with his rival's girlfriend. It was VERY well publicized in the paddock. Wish I could remember who it was (might have been Rainey/Schwantz). Now THAT's mentally dicking with somebody...:beer:

20. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

Come on, are you guys serious????

OK..is this a joke? Just a little contrived controversy to liven things up? I'm not falling for it. If you are both serious, and upset with each other, then I am glad I didn't preregister for Barber, this way, I will be starting at the back and I'll have a chance to avoid the pileup when you guys take each other out in turn 1. Seriously, from what I know of you two, your both really good guys. Tim has always been cool toward me, even during my first year in 2001 when I got lapped all the time. Bob has helped me out at the track more than once, even though we race in the same classes. He has even loaned me a crank to use for Barber. Two completely opposite personalities, but both good people in my opinion. Here's my take on this situation, for what it's worth. I have noticed ever since I started racing 4 years ago, the commradery amoung the vintage racers. I have also noticed that there is an obvious pecking order. You do not race motorcycles without having some amount of ego. I think normally everyone pretty much knows where they stand in this pecking order. After you race for awhile you know who you can usually beat and who, unless something unusual happens, can beat you. I think the problem here is that especially for this big race, the pecking order is not really settled in everyone's mind. I think the two of you are just butting heads, and saying some things you don't really mean. I think Bob won the class championship last year, and Tim wins the championship in whatever class he races. I also think Tim normally wins races riding at about 80% of what he is capable of, and when challenged turns it up a notch. A little like Bob Weber at Nelson's. IF you two are serious with all this trash talk, I'd just urge you both not to get so personal with it. It just seems like you are both riping on what you perceive to be the other guy's weak points, and someone is going to get mad enough over it that they won't get over it. Let's just have a good clean race, and enjoy a beer or 6 after we are done. Things will all get worked out on the track..... (and no I have not turned touchy feely) ...I'd talk shit about Bob Weber, but his wife would kick my ass...Dave Keeley is bigger than me...let's see...hey does Bucky Sexton ever get on here?...He's shorter than me...