1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia RS660 Reviews

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I'm more curious if they'll make a "cup" version with all the race shit done to it for like...$15K.

AJ and ducnut like this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Which wouldn't be a bad price at all. I paid nearly $9K for my new RS250 back in 2002. This thing is 10x as sophisticated.

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

They want $10K for the 250SP. $15K might be a little optimistic but still.

rice r0cket likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Meh, Aprilia will screw it up somehow. Not import it, forget to order spares, forget to submit the paperwork to get it legal for the roads, forget to submit the paperwork to MA.

They can't not f@ck this.

motion, Senna and rice r0cket like this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

~$13K would be more palatable, if it came like the prototype bike, with polished frame, red engine, CF, etc.

19C53DB4-831D-4561-BEB6-EF3019378BF4.jpeg 778F6324-2F48-478D-950A-B80F82E85853.jpeg 6264418A-4FBA-452F-A522-EF71740CAF2F.jpeg

AJ, Senna, 418 and 2 others like this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Rising Sun, SuddenBraking and ducnut like this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I think i may buy one just to clap dat beyotch out and make all you...gotta have a red engine and polished frame efffers...mad.

stk0308 likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dan, you're in Baltimore. All you know is stretched swing arm stupid bikes and stolen dirty bikes and quads wheeling down the street in groups.

Rising Sun, ChemGuy and ducnut like this.
  9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

And I suppose you want the neon light package along with the polished frame?

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Can’t deny the show bike looks badass, with its polished frame.

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Baltimore. Baltimore...pfft if I was in Baltimore I would hang myself.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, Dundalk.

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yes... Yes I can lol

ducnut likes this.
  14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Show bike looks ass.

cpettit likes this.
  15. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I really hope Aprilia sells the shit out of them but I just don't see that happening in the US.

Attached Files:

16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

One of those machines is not a twin...

17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Type in your actual location, their dealer network is far and away better than years past. Not to mention, Piaggio doesn’t care much about selling to Joe Blow street guy anyway as long as they meet their minimum sales quotas to the enthusiasts who actually know what an Aprilia is.

Eight Screws likes this.
  18. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

I was pretty hyped up about these when first announced. Still a super cool bike, but doesn’t line up with the kind of racing I want to do any more. But man Aprilia knows how to make a killer bike for the track. I’ve had 5 different track bikes over the years now and the RSV4 is the standard I weigh the others against. Not just motor either, but the chassis feel and the feedback. I have a feeling these RS660s are going to kick ass. Now if they would just get off their ass and make a proper ULW bike again, and not that 3/4 scale RS 250 SP they teamed up with Ohvale on. Internet rumors say they are cooking up something sub-400 cc’s but I could guess what market they aren’t targeting with that.

19. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Wife was sick of waiting for the 660 so we ended up picking this up yesterday. 2020 KTM 890R duke. We are an Aprilia family but we are sick of waiting. 890r.jpg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  20. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I just hope they don't use the same orange case sealant they used on the SXV 5.5. My arse still hurts from that one.

418 likes this.