1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia RS660 Reviews

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Oct 12, 2020.

1. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

$18k for a new full on track bike seems like a good deal to me.

Banditracer likes this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's what I was thinking, pretty much race ready and alot of the bullshit taking stuff off work is done.

3. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Would the Trofeo model be eligible for anything besides formula classes with WERA?

4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

cuz it might not have a VIN?

5. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Guess I was referring to the super stock rule that a bike needs to be DOT approved and more than 1000 models produced. Super bike still needs to have the same number of units produced.
    Has anyone seen what Aprilia proposes for production number?

6. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

It's been fixed. I guess I can't adjust how much compression I need to input for dumping anymore. :moon:

7. Eric_O8a

Eric_O8a Active Member

418 likes this.
  8. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

If race bike con rods were breaking left and right then sure, maybe a design problem. If a con rod breaks while cruising down the road at 70mph, then probably a manufacturing issue. Normally limiting rpm might be a sure way to preserve con rods, but cruising down the road at 70, nah. Bad parts.

And I’m sure they’re just replacing engines because they don’t have enough consumables and specialty tools in the supply chain for all the dealers to do the fix.

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Probably takes longer to replace conrods than just throw a new motor in plus they have to pay the techs time either way.

They are stepping up and replacing the motors which is pretty respectable in my book. On my rc390 I had to literally blow up the motor before they would replace it.

stk0308, jksoft and 418 like this.
  10. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I'm having SXV flashbacks. Hope that isnt the case. Aprilia has nuts though, I'll give them that. Not afraid to mass produce a "hot" motor.

Suzuka_joe and stk0308 like this.
  11. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Never buy early-production 1st model year Aprilias.

duc995 likes this.
  12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

That concept should go for any manufacturer IMO