1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia RS660 Reviews

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Oct 12, 2020.

1. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I agree this is really tempting.... I think I am going to let the hype come down and pick one up after they have all the growing pains figured out.
    Maybe they will have some kind of race only version.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

3. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I could not help myself.... I put a preorder in....

Mongo... I sure hope this thing is LWT's legal!!!!

Attached Files:

4. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

rs660 trip.JPG
    Looks like the top triple/clip on is a one piece casting. Seems a odd thing to do and maybe not the best track/crash worthy design.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

That was my only gripe when I saw the first pics last year. Hoping they have a race upper clamp available for it

6. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

The Tuono concept has normal clamp with removable risers but there is a weird step down on fork tubes.
    Might be hard to get clip-on's on the bike. I am sure someone will come out with some kind of aftermarket top clamp.

Attached Files:

7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I would make a pretty easy guess that Robem Engineering will have a top triple pretty fast and full adjustable triples not much later.

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

But will the orgs allow it in super sport

5axis likes this.
  9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

CCS supersport? Those clowns let anything in. Sean has pretty much already said it will be allowed in lwt superstock. It will take a while for them to show up in numbers.

10. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I think he was talking about replacing the top clamp so better clip-on solution can be used for racing.
    Usually WERA is pretty good about letting that stuff happen in superstock.

regularguy likes this.
  11. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

If you had to run the stock triples in LWT SS, it probably wouldn’t be the worst. It would be cool if you could flip that top triple over and have a clipon position already.

13. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

10 minutes with a hacksaw and new blade and you're good to go.

JJJerry likes this.
  14. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

15. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

16. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

You mean only legal for SuperBike classes and not super stock? I think as long as they produce the number of units needed to homologate and fits within the rules technically they’re good
    To go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Pretty much. I never really knew where the line was drawn for production racing.

18. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I think at the world level it’s 500 units. This is why there’s always 500 ‘R’ model Ducati’s made per run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't remember ever allowing aftermarket triples in SS but it could happen I guess.

Tj Hunter likes this.
  20. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member