1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia RS660 Reviews

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

What do you mean? Like being able to re-flash them? The stock system is so fucking good I don't know. I don't and haven't flashed a triumph in years. Mostly dudes on TDJ that think they are getting perfect reflashes are getting shit results.

ducnut likes this.
  2. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

What do you use to tune 675s? Tune ECU on the old stuff and PCV on the 2013+ stuff that's locked?

Shocker likes this.
  3. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

So if I wanted to get a STRS 765, clipons, 675 bodywork and a full exhaust on, how would I tune for the cat delete? PCV?

4. Robby-Bobby

On mine, and on the Attack 675's we used PC5. Tune ECU is garbage IMO.

Shocker likes this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

generally the OEM tune is pretty good. For that model I would say see how it does with the triumph reflash or PC5.

Shocker likes this.
  6. nlzmo400r

Not being able to tune in real time is awful, but the elimination of the need for multiple plugs and boxes and points of failure is pretty great. And I'm not even sure the P.C 5 works with the triumph race ECU.

7. Robby-Bobby

What level are you riding at where you need real time tuning?

8. nlzmo400r

It’s nothing to do with level of riding, but having an eddycurrent dyno and being able to take advantage of seeing exactly which cell is being utilized while at a constant rpm and load is just better than doing a sweeping pull, looking at a graph and making changes and pulling again to check what you changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJ likes this.
  9. Robby-Bobby

I’m well aware of current technology with tuning. My question was more along the lines of what specifically is lacking in the triumph mapping which would make you believe that you need that last little 3-5 hp?

If we are talking pointy end of expert or pro then for sure there’s room for improvement.

if we are taking street and trackday then they are damn near as good or better than any other manufacturer.

seems like you’re looking to tinker. But most people that come through the shop (in Florida) have a flash from so and so out west that’s the hot setup and wondering why their flash sucks dick over in Florida.

10. nlzmo400r

I’m the Rossi of tinkering lol. I wouldn’t know the 3hp difference from the seat of my pants anyway, but not spending $700 on PCV boxes and still having fuel and ignition control (granted not live) through the factory ECU just seemed like the obvious choice to me.

11. Robby-Bobby

You’re the customer I would say “what specifically are you having problems with” then wait till you give me a black stare.

12. nlzmo400r

Haha, fair enough! But I’d say spending $700 to be able to dyno tune the bike when there’s a free software that can yield the same result would be the problem.

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

unless his answer was "my tuner is lazy and doesn't give a shit"

5axis likes this.
  14. Robby-Bobby

I don’t know... there’s a fine line between lazy and the street rider read on a forum there’s a dip at 6250rpm and needs $700 for a flash and tune.

15. notbostrom

fair enough, but if you told me another 5hp isn't worth it on my race bike I'd kick you square in the ass

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

quoted for posterity :D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. Robby-Bobby

reading is critical.

18. notbostrom

Reading is fundamental

19. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Preorder is back up and running on the Aprilia web site. Also there is $250 accessory credit.

Attached Files:

20. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Damnit. I really don't need another motorbike parked in the garage waiting for the fuel pump to go bad. Again...

I also didn't need to know that Aprilia has a radioactive dog vomit colored RS660 that would look great parked between my clapped out POSV and the 750 that's been rolled down at least two hills...