1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ain't never been to Texas...

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by sturges, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Richard,

I can tell you many will be excited about you riding again. We are happy for you.

Hey 666 Jim, no pattern other than the truth and I have volunteered my time and efforts for the the WERA affiliate this year. I would be much happier if WERA was bigger, but it is not. That doesn't mean better/worse rather just the way it is.

Marcus McBain

2. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

It will be good to see you again, PStar. But let's not put the beast under you if you're not ready, m'kay?;)

3. john ross

john ross Well-Known Member

ty,have you repaced those wheel bearing?
    :mad:

4. bentracing

bentracing Active Member

you fear TWS

IT'S MASTER TY, not ty master. Get it right.
    I just got melberk to admit how much she likes TWS, now it's your turn Jim.

And to John Ross, yes. The wheel bearings are being replaced. Now I just have to add them to the "Suzuki periodic maintenance" list, somewhere around page nine.
    ty

5. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

As far as competition from the locals - I don't believe the WERA top dawgs had any problems. Godd friendly smack talking is always fun, but I really doubt a local team wins it if the race is w/o serious incidents. WERA has the best endurance series period and no other club comes close. It'll be all yellow come end of the 6 hour followed up by a mysterious black object with what looks like skulls on the side...

6. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Uh oh! <ducking> :eek:

I hear some heavy footsteps entering the room to join this conversation. Hazbin? Is that you? :D

7. AoD Jim

AoD Jim Well-Known Member

Re: you fear TWS

TWS is fun. There's no doubt. I didn't really like the short course but the long course is a hoot.

It's too bad that Sam & I don't get to ride this time. Crozier & Hayes keep fighting over who gets to ride next. Oh well. Maybe Sam & I can run the B bike.

8. Mark91ex

Mark91ex Leg-Over!

No fear at TWS!!

It really doesn't matter when or how much I ride as long as I get to SPANK the "Thigh Master" oh:eek: I meant "Ty Master".;)

Oh and as far as TWS I really like the track. It is cool that they make a roadrace course like a dirtbike enduro race with the streams and water holes!!:D

9. paul

paul just fast enough

Hmmmmm....I think everybody will be seeing blue...again....

10. 13x

13x 13x.com

Who cares about blue. It's you guy's I'm worried about.

See ya in TX

11. paul

paul just fast enough

C'mon Jim...you know we can't beat you guys now...Hmmm....
    maybe i could convince Evan to let me borrow Glenn for a stint or two.....

12. Lizard 1

Yellow, black, blue, black/white, red - whatever. I am just saying that the WERA boys will be smackin' some ass at Texas. I know it is all in good fun, but there are always "locals" that honestly believe and act like they rule the world.

We didn't go to Portland last year, but from the responses, the locals were talking smack and didn't seem to fair too well.

The WERA endurance posse is a group of some super talented teams and riders and they deserve some respect.

13. Lizard 1

Yellow, black, blue, black/white, red - whatever. I am just saying that the WERA boys will be smackin' some ass at Texas. I know it is all in good fun, but there are always "locals" that honestly believe and act like they rule the world.

We didn't go to Portland last year, but from the responses, the locals were talking smack and didn't seem to fair too well.

The WERA endurance posse is a group of some super talented teams and riders and they deserve some respect.

Well, maybe all but those "J" guys...:p

14. Renaissance man

You sound like a bigger knucklehead than what you accuse the "locals" of being :D

No, Vesrah or whomever probably won't get upset, but you'd have to be an idiot not to realize that guys like Joe Prussiano, Ty Howard, John Haner all have been involved in the CMRA endurance series for some time.

Marcus McBain

Oh, yeah. There are rarely more than five guys in Portland that could even come close to running the pace of a WERA club race. Those guys talking smack (except Mike Sullivan, etc.) is a joke in itself.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2002
  15. WERA29

Hey Marcus,

Tell the locals to be nice and not steal too many of our points. We're trying to catch 14K for 3rd in points and need as many as we can get! ;)

16. Renaissance man

OK, for those of you camping etc.

TWS will open at 7:00pm Thursday Evening for campers/etc.

We will be setting up haybales and air fence @ 7:00 and should be done by 8:00. We usually cook-out for those that volunteer for this.

If you need information contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,
    Marcus McBain

17. sv tinker

sv tinker Well-Known Member

local heat

I believe Joe Prussiano & Co. took the overall at Wera's Summit Point.

Taking nothing from Vesrah, there are quite a few locals that could run toe to toe with anyone at TWS.

A six hour at TWS in the middle of Sept is a crap shoot.

18. Lizard 1

I don't think I am too much of a knucklehead for what I said. Also, I would consider Joe a WERA regular more so than the others and had him in there with the "blues".

See, the odds are against you all down there when the WERA boys come to town. Statistically, you all haven't shown too much threat in past endurances. I know the sprint stuff is tough, but the endurance the last three years has been dominated by WERA regs and I am sure that this year will be no different:D :D :D

19. WERA29

That late? Really? :confused:

Is this info recent or based on when they opened up last year? Don't they know a ton of people are coming from the East Coast and plan to get there early on Thursday to setup and be ready for Friday practice? ;)

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's reptty much the same as last year. Marcus did call the track.

They don't care where you're driving in from or what event it is.