1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ain't never been to Texas...

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by sturges, Aug 9, 2002.

1. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

turn one is fun
    except for the wet spot that stayed there all weekend last year

2. john ross

john ross Well-Known Member

ha that wet spot are chet was from rich when his sv was suck up in t1 or maybe from moocus hehehe:D :D :D

3. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

John Ross...Mild mannered racer on weekends...CLOSET BBS SHIT STIRRER DURING THE WEEK!!! :D

Damn John, are you still mad at me because you didn't take Tim King and I up on the R1 ride? :D

What's up with not sprinting??? Are you skeeeeerrred? :D (DON"T GIVE THAT CRAP THAT YOUR TEAM MAKES YOU RIDE 4 OUT 6 HOURS EVERY RACE!!! YOU ONLY RODE 3 HOURS AND 55 MINUTES LAST TIME!!!) :D

Hey, come out to the national. Renate is cooking up T-Bone steaks, We had SRO on Saturday night for NPR. 16 steaks....GONE.

See you bro,
    Marcus

4. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Count me in! ;) I'm looking forward to all that Texass hospitality I've been hearing so much about. :D

5. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Camping...er... RV'ing

Are we allowed to stay at the track overnight?

6. SClark

I emailed TWS, and received these replies from "Rusty Rush":

1. Can we stay at the track overnight?
    Yes.

2. Do you have any RV facilities? (Water, Sewage.)
    No, but bathrooms and showers on site.

3. Are "Pitbikes" allowed?
    Yes, if ridden sanely.

4. Is there electricity?
    Sorry we don't have presently. Used to have complete hook-ups, but the [new owners] ripped them all out when they bought the track.

7. Renaissance man

Hey Steve,

Everything is "Camper Friendly" The bathrooms are OK, I have seen better showers, but they are way better than ROAD A, so you be the judge.

No, they don't have RV hook ups, BUT the pit wall and garages are lined with 110 for free. Bring a generator as it never fails that someone tries to run 99 sets of tire warmers from one outlet and the breaker trips and no one can get back in to flip it.

Marcus

Last edited: Aug 19, 2002
  8. SClark

Thanks for the info!

[whine]The RV has a generator, but it's difficult to get my beauty sleep when it's constantly running. :) [/whine]

9. john ross

john ross Well-Known Member

marcus i like my t-b medium....
    that old r1 too slow for me:D :eek:

10. Renaissance man

John,

You know I am not trying to start anything, but Tim said that the next time you get in the way of the R1 on that GSXR supertanker, he wasn't going to be so nice. :D

Like I said, not trying to start anything, just trying to pass on relevant information.

Your Buddy,
    Marcus

Last edited: Aug 19, 2002
  11. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

So is the track surface any better than last year? Any repairs/alterations? That thing looked like CMRA had been racing rototillers last time we were there...

12. Renaissance man

I am not real sure what sections you may or may not be talking about, but the surface has always been good.

Marcus McBain

13. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

I'll take that as a "no".

:)

14. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Are the garages for rent or on a first come/first served basis? Or are they totally closed except for the power?

15. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

They're open, first come-first served.

16. melissa

melissa Sir

Well, that depends upon what you compare it to. For instance, compared to Craters of the Moon National Monument in Idaho, the surface is good. :D

17. Renaissance man

For anyone reading this (about track surface), don't worry about anything. These comments are highly blown out of proportion. TWS is the second easiest track to setup suspension on in our region (out of 5 tracks).

The track surface is smooth, BUT you cannot get a way with having the back end jacked up/front end dropped too much due to the high speeds of many of the turns. I think some people mistake geometry induced chatter with a rough track (this will be apparent in Turns 2, 5, 7, and 11). When setup properly (which isn't that hard), the track is very easy to ride and is smooth.

We probably have less crashes at TWS per race weekend than any of our other tracks down here, so that should tell you how good the track is.

Best of Luck to everyone,
    Marcus McBain

18. bentracing

bentracing Active Member

I feel as though I've had this argument before.....
    grins, ty

19. AoD Jim

AoD Jim Well-Known Member

I'm seeing a pattern here.

Yea, it's smooth. But just watch the sealer. And the water that comes down the banking from that water tower. Or up out of the track as you exit onto the banking. Or down into turn one. They are both slow turns so it shouldn't be a problem.

any questions just ask for the 'Ty Master'. He'll be hanging w/ Suzanne Summers.

;)

20. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

Coming back

I'm pleased to announce that I'm looking to return to the WERA National Endurance Series next month in Texas.

I should start riding the endurance bike starting on the first day of practice. I'm in the process of negotiating my new riding duties with Tom Fetsko.

I'm currently lobbying to ride from the Sagrada Familia paddock to the tech shed and back.:) Tom and Jim will be handling all on-track assignments.

So how's the paddock surface? Any concerns?