1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ain't never been to Texas...

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by sturges, Aug 9, 2002.

1. john ross

john ross Well-Known Member

Marcus have that gixxer ready for tws,and on the way stop and pckup Abott he needs to get off the pourch and run with the big boy"s agin maybe he can loose those x-lb's ha...
    :D :D

2. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

While I am at I will pick up some beer...:rolleyes: :D

3. john ross

4. paul

paul just fast enough

5. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where the closest RV park/campsites are located?

6. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Hey Billy, you can camp at the track. That's what we're doing. You're more than welcome to setup next to us like we did back in the corner of the paddock at Summit.

Tom

7. Renaissance man

Plenty of RV parking (room) in or outside the paddock. Plenty of 110 available. Just don't dump your waste tank until everybody else has left (please) :D

Marcus (The guy you were nice enough not to hit at NPR) McBain

8. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

Since dogs are not allowed in the paddock, I need to find a RV park to leave the dog/motorhome at during the day and rent a car to get around in. I emailed the track but have not heard back from them yet.

9. WERA29

Leave that nasty dog at home and camp with us at the track girly man! :p ;) :D

10. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Will a front tire last 6 hours at Texas?

11. aod99

aod99 Administrator

It depends....

If you ask Vesrah (Pirelli) they would say "no".

If you ask 666 (Michelin) we would say "yes".

If you ask SBR (Dunlop?) Hazbin will tell you something, but you never know if he is talking shit or not...

12. Renaissance man

A pirelli yellow will last 6hrs with proper suspension and riders ON A SV650.

Marcus

13. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

For an SV, Michelin or Pirelli yellow, definitely. A Pirelli green might, depending on riders and temperature. We've never run Dunlops, but the guys who did didn't change theirs. Come to think of it, I don't recall anyone ever changing an SV front unless it started to rain.

14. WERA29

They only make yellow rear tires Marcus. I've never seen or heard of a yellow front.

We had a Pirelli green front last 6-hours at Summit but I've never been to Texas and don't know how hard it is on front tires.

15. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I could have sworn we had one last year, bought from one of the big distributers, like Tucker-Rocky or Western rather than the track-side guys. But I've slept (and taken a hit to the head<g>) since then.

16. Renaissance man

Well then, a yellow rear will work too...:D

Marcus

17. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Trackside only has Green and Blue for the SV, AND I was told by them that Pirelli didn't make anything else.

But, now that I now there is a Yellow for it, perhaps I'll have to find one.

Thanks!

18. bentracing

bentracing Active Member

Re: DOGS?

No, not yet. Maybe in the off season.

19. john ross

don't do it.....ty....:D :eek: :eek: :eek: