1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admit it. You have a little Brrome in you. (shaddup)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 26, 2017.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. Riding and racing just make sense to me. Racetracks in general are my happy place.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

What makes a good racer?
    Being able to find the right line, the right brake point, etc., and then hit it consistently.
    Kinda goes with OCD.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  3. Never thought about it like that, but it makes sense.

Going fast around the racetrack is basically the pursuit of perfection, and then repeating the exact same thing lap after lap (routine).

cav115 likes this.
  4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

In my case, sometimes, it's making the same mistake over and over.

TSC_113, BigBird, Past Glory and 2 others like this.
  5. :crackup:

6. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I'd say that makes you the member of a very large club.

7. caferace

caferace No.

through

-jim

8. caferace

caferace No.

Same. Fsck the horizontal morons. I actually have a (to me) logical reason. Less dust and cruft collection.

:D

-jim

9. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Metalhead called me a female version of broom on our way to my first race at tally. I wasn't sure what that meant or if it was a good thing or a bad thing ?

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Interesting. Not sure which is more worrisome.

Being judged by MH or being compared to Broome?..... :D

Gorilla George, crashman and Sabre699 like this.
  11. Suzi

Suzi Member

I've had OCD since I was a child. My mother took me to doctors because she couldn't understand my compulsive habits. When I was in high school a doctor said I had a problem with anxiety. Turns out they didn't have a name for my problem back then.

I always thought joking about Chris's OCD was fake, but when I read some of his responses on this thread I realized he is just as cursed as me. There are a lot of positive things about it but also the dark negative.

My research says it's a mental disorder of the highly intelligent. Hope that's a comfort for you checkers out there. :p

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Flat is absolutely wrong. All other slots in the faceplate are vertical, so why would you put the slot in the screw horizontal?

13. Chango

Chango Something clever!

To maintain balance.

crashman likes this.
  14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

The proper order for a tool box from top to bottom is sockets and ratchets, then wrenches in the next drawer down, the screw drivers, then pliers and such in the bottom. Within the drawer it is metric on the left and SAE on the right. With screw drivers it is phillips on the left and straight on the right. I really don't want you borrowing my tools at the track, but if I let you then make damn sure you put them back exactly where you got them from. At times, I have brought a spare tool box full of crappy tools that I let people borrow. It is disorganized and I don't care if the tools get returned. I never use it or any of the tools in it, they are loaners.

Also, can anybody tell me why my wife can't manage to put the knives back in the proper slot in the knife block? Each knife has its own home in the block. Why should I have to search for the blade I want? Oh, put the can opener back in the same drawer you took it out of!

Anybody else have lucky racing socks? I don't care what order I put them on, I just really like to have them.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Speaking of socks... who else has left and right socks? o_O

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. If you borrow someone elses shit make sure it goes back exactly where it came from and in at least as clean / good condition as when you got it. If you can not abide by those simple rules buy your own shit and treat it any way you want.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I have several pair that are L/R. I guess they're patterned a little different.

18. Exactly.

Livengood doesn't loan tools. Hell, he doesn't even like me touching them (or the bikes for that matter).

He has his own tables, own canopy, and own work area. He lays shit out in a specific manner and nobody is allowed to mess with it.

I have my own tables for my helmets, gloves, etc.

cav115 and crashman like this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So what do YOU do when they mount the box horizontal?

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mine are all one color and size.