1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admit it. You have a little Brrome in you. (shaddup)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 26, 2017.

1. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

The neuroses are thick in this thread. Some border on psychoses. :crackup:

2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Blows my mind every time I open a hood on a vehicle and the oil cap is upside and says 710. Same with power steering etc. PUT THE F'ING CAP ON CORRECTLY!!!!!!

caferace and crashman like this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If I'm eating a can of cashews, I have to hunt down and kill all the broken ones before eating the whole ones.

caferace likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Shit. I just realized that I forgot about 3 jars: wheat pennies, 1959 pennies, and nickels 1959 and before. In 35 years of looking at the date on every coin I touch I've only found 4 silver quarters and 13 silver dimes in change... Hardly enough for a jar. A mint Skoal can from my 1990s habit suffices to contain my silver.

Broome... Get help. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Can't let the flavor escape out of the broken ends.

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I just realized - I don't have neuroses (or psychoses). I do things the right way (my way). It's different than your way, but your way is wrong. And I prefer to do these things the same way every time, because that's the right thing to do. Specifics? Nope. Generalities. "Everything."

And it's someone without OCD who put the "D" on the end. It's not a Disorder, it's an "order."

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Delusion.....

8. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

do "this", and "this" will or will not happen.

don't do "this" "this way", "this" will or will not happen.

DAILY STRUGGLE.

I have a "safe word" that lets me get out of a "quandary" after uttering it... then, and only then, I can keep going.

light switches, tools and boxes, bill folds, bikes, cars, snowmobiles, toys in general (spotless, take some pride in your shit!)

lines, patterns in the lawn, fuck that up, and it is hours/days to fix. son in law is scared to death to mow for us, when we go on vacation (and he works at a lawn care service but, he uses some of my "tricks" at work. like, how to mow "around" a tree, so it looks like you mowed "trough it, not around it"). wife wont even get on tractor, or zero turn, "afraid I cant keep my lines straight enough for you".

yes, I have it bad, and the older I get, the worse I get. Ski

9. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Most of these are fairly mild and easily identifiable with, but Caotic is on an express train to a Howard Hughes future. Keep racing for as long as you can, that seems to be
    Have you ever felt like you were destined for a Howard Hughes future?

10. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Any time I change a face plate on an outlet or switch, the slot in the screws need to face straight up and down. I have broken a number of faceplates by adding that last little bit of turn. I just always hate the idea of backing it out and not having it snug.

BigBird and skidooboy like this.
  11. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

^^^^ same thing for me but, the slot has to be flat and level. I too have broken many face plates. :D Ski

BigBird likes this.
  12. auminer

Yep, screws in face plates should be flat & level. You're doing it wrong omatter34.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. auminer

Parking. I must be facing out. I actually have difficulty if I try to just pull face forward into a parking spot. The angles are all f'ed up.

I MUST back in.

I don't even drive through if there are two front-to-back spots available where I could just pull through the one and end up "backed in" to the second one.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Thank you. I now feel like I am normal. Y'all are f'ed up.

beac83, MachineR1 and Banditracer like this.
  15. "Keep racing as long as you can, that seems to be....", what did i miss?

And I don't know, maybe.....who is Howard Hughes? :D

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

After reading all this, I'm guessing when outsiders read this thread they will conclude all motorcycle guys are nuts!!

I didn't even realize people had quirks like this, until late High School or College when I found out my best friend, didn't want to sit inside on a booth. He also wanted to see the door of the restaurant, when seated at the table. He wouldn't use a ketchup or mustard bottle sitting at the table. Although he seems normal compared to this group. LOL

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Until you get so bad that you have to stop, turn around, and go do it again if you miss a brake marker or an apex. :D

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There are some real nutjobs in here, but I think maybe that attention to detail is a contributor to the financial success that allows them to race.

As for your friend:

Not wanting to sit on the inside of a booth is understandable - nobody wants to be trapped. Same with seeing the door - it allows you to identify threats (also good to have your back to a wall). I'm super guilty of the condiment thing, after realizing that it's pointless to wash my hands, then grab a condiment bottle that some nasty person who didn't wash their hands handled, then eat my food.

19. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I thought I'd erased that portion. I was thinking that the racing was the most stabilizing thing there was, no offense intended to the influence of your wife.

20. Funny part is, that is true. Racing has somewhat of a calming effect for me. On the track everything makes sense. And I even enjoy the packing/prepping/setting up.

cav115, skidooboy and crashman like this.