1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admit it. You have a little Brrome in you. (shaddup)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 26, 2017.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well she does all the banking so I'm sure the bank is very pleased. :D

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Tell her you learned about it on the beeb. Does she know we have actual rocket scientists on here ? :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I made sure mine gave a shit about that. That's a shitty managers excuse for not getting stuff done at their store.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's not an OCD issue, it's finding a solution to a problem. Most the crap in here is "just because". It makes no real difference to anyone except the crazy bastard who can't stand for it to be any other way.

I've been accused of being OCD all my life, but for all the weird shit I do, I can give a logical explanation to how it solves/prevents a problem. I don't waste my time with things that aren't solutions - my beer tastes the same no matter which way the can is facing, my shoes fit the same whether I put the right one on first or the left, and so on.

The only thing I let slide is superstition at the track, and even then it's not so much superstition as it is repetition. If I follow exactly the same routine each and every time, I know I'm not missing/forgetting anything that could be a safety or performance issue.

Ra.Ge. Raptor, pscook and NemesisR6 like this.
  5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Unless you are using LED bulbs and the motherfuckers will not shut off all the way...

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Get decent LED lamps. They work fine at my house. :Poke:

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My wife gives me crap for doing that. I rinse them because, with just the two of us, we don't run the DW often enough to keep unrinsed dishes from stinking. The DW sterilizies them.
    Can you help TZ out with his wiring diagram?

caferace likes this.
  8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That or I just say fuck it and walk past pissed off every time I see them. There are 6 of them on the circuit and 2 always stay on. It does not matter which bulb is in which position. The 2 furthest away never completely shut off. They drive me crazy. But its a short drive... :D

caferace likes this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Your first problem is putting dishes in the washing machine.

As far as light plastic stuff, just wash it by hand.
    Some shit just doesn't go in the dishwasher.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damned fine catch there, Mike.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Do you have a MACL153 or you trying an old incandescent dimmer? What brand and model lamp?

Have some Hubbel disc lights that glowed when the switch was turned off. Not a dimmer. A switch. Put it on the appropriate dimmer (electronic low voltage) and they work like a champ.

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I didn't realize I typed that! I like to run most everything through the dishwasher to be sure it's sanitized.

So should I not be putting them in the dryer to dry? Might solve this problem with broken dishes!

Speaking of, when my big dog Dante was a pup, he snuck up on my wife loading the dishwasher and started licking the plates. She caught him and yelled at him. He jumped back, but his collar snagged on a utinsel or something so the drawer came with him. Well this scared him so he kept running with the drawer still attached. He broke nearly every plate and bowl we had!

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Can I borrow him for a day or two?

15. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Ha! I was going to say don't tell him about the companion units, and let him try to make two of them work in the same circuit. :Poke:

16. beac83

I like to delude myself into thinking I'm relatively sane, moderately normal, and not that obsessive.

But reading this thread, I realize I fit in here more than I care to admit. :D

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

LOL...me too

18. beac83

If you want new dishes, you don't have to break the old ones first.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have no desire to get new dishes, unfortunately when you NEVER get rid of the old...my wife has enough sets to feed 120 or more.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Good times, eh?
    I love stories like that.