1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'93 CBR 600 F2 Mods - Phase 1

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by JNSRacing, Jun 8, 2012.

1. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

maybe you should try & move to an advance group,then you can show us a diffrent pic of you cornering low.i need a good laugh

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

damn Fredo....oooouch.

3. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

i didnt mean it in a bad way,and he's got thick skin.he said so him self.sorry about those wheel spacer's mark.

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I know dude...:D

no sweat on the spacers, I will find a set eventually. Its not world ending stuff.:up:

5. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

This is like getting peebles tossed at your head compared to posting in General. You need battle armor to start threads over there as a newb :Poke:

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Good point.

7. 02GSXR

02GSXR Well-Known Member

This is why I wanted to race vintage. New guy=ball busting and hazing from the seasoned vets.

What I learned from the Vintage Southeast crew:

1st-Thick skin my ass! If you think they can not or will not get under your skin, you are wrong. Only one has gotten me amped up this year, lol.

2nd-No matter what happens they will offer their two cents even when it is not requested. If it sounds sincere then you are again wrong, they are just making an ass out of you :).

3rd-Suck it up and do your part because these guys are fast, real fast on bikes that are more then half of our ages (20+ years) and there is plenty to learn.

4th-Feed them when you see them. Makes for "nice" play time.

Last and not least: Ride your ride with your bike and who gives a rat's butt what anyone thinks? You pay to play so enjoy your trackdays, racing, OEM fairings, and pictures.

Joseph

Oh yes they are the best group of guys that you can meet. I enjoy seeing how they all click together and bull-sheit with one another. Then more they bust you up, the more they except you in. Oh yes, don't ever let them see you sweat! They smell blood you are THROUGH!!!! Be safe and enjoy your machine.

8. JNSRacing

JNSRacing Well-Known Member

Oh, you betcha sweetness! We'll try and corner so fast and low, that the lace in your underwear gets all damp...but I ain't spendin' any more money on any pics :tut:, one pic costs 3 gallons of fuel and a pack of smokes. YOU can buy one, though, so you can hang it up at home and get your laugh!

9. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

If I wanted a picture of a turd all I have to do is take a look at the toilet pre flush, and those are free.

10. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

You people are cracking me up :crackup:

:cool:

:beer:

11. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

See...I would have been crucified for that. Pebbles*

I havent met any of your southern guys yet but you all seem like great dudes. Atleast thats what stickboy says

12. ac200748103

ac200748103 Well-Known Member

Sweetness. Fredo. Sweetness. :crackup:

13. JNSRacing

Perfect...problem solved, and now you don't have to spend $20 of your SRS check, or, you can buy yourself some more lace panties.

14. JNSRacing

I've gotten all the fiberglass repair done to the race bodywork, touched them up externally with spot & glazing putty, and wet sanded with 400. This is the first full mock-up of the fairings on the bike.

[​IMG]

I have since filled the current holes for the fairning stay, as they do not line up, and will re-drill them once I have the rear tail-mounting rig finalized. I hope to have them fully "mountable" in the next evening or so, and be shooting the first coat of primer no later than friday evening.

I would like to locate a good condition F2 seat, to cut down to a sort of solo seat, so I can lighten things up just a tad more, but mainly to avoid damage to my current seat, since the fiberglass will rub it ever so slightly, and mark up the vinyl just a smidge - if anyone has a nice looking seat, that does not need to be recovered (I don't care about damage to the pillion seat), and for a reasonable price, hit me up.

15. Twissta

Twissta Well-Known Member

Awesome my friend things really look good, to answer you about the tail section. I drilled a hole through my seat, made a space from aluminum with a flat piece of aluminum and bolted it from the bottom. that is why the rubber grommet is there. I have the seat,but it needs to be repaired I will take a picture of it and send it to you so you can see what I am talking about. I think I also have the metal bracket the you can have welded to the frame to bolt on too.:rock:

16. JNSRacing

It's gettin' there! I already got the tail sorted last night: I used a piece of all thread, cut to length, drilled a hole through the flat stainless steel fender eliminator part, that runs parrallel to the subframe and the rear-most upper part of the tail, clamped the all thread to that stainless steel piece using a nut on either side, and used a coupling nut, with a lock-nut, in order for me to run a short buttoncap machine screw through a new hole in the tail fairing, and tighten it into the coupling nut... it works great, and this all thread assembly sits just behind the rear of the seat, so I was able to keep the seat intact - I'll show you a pic of it later.

17. JNSRacing

Finally got the fairings all shot with three primer coats, lightly sanded with 400, then a final once over with 1000, and got the mounting holes re-drilled for the uppers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll start painting tonight.

18. ricracer16

ricracer16 Well-Known Member

Isn't 1000 grit sand paper too fine for applying paint over it? I think you will need a something a bit rougher so that the paint has something to attach to. I think either 400 to 500 grit will be plenty. 1000 and above is usually used as finishing and removing slight imperfections in clear coats.

19. JNSRacing

You might be right, this is the first time I've done any painting, so some of my choices might be off - maybe I should go over it again with 600 - 800?
    If anyone with real paint experience wants to chime in, I'd be glad to hear what would be best... Chuck D, you out there?

20. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Looking good man, after ALOT of getting screwed around and fighting BS I am about to have my v7 back together for the next track outing for a shake down. Look forward to seeing your painted up.