1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'93 CBR 600 F2 Mods - Phase 1

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by JNSRacing, Jun 8, 2012.

1. JNSRacing

JNSRacing Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's been ridden quite a bit, like 418 said, it's been quite a while, and quite a few thousand miles, I just haven't updated.
    I'd pretty much abandoned this thread, and let it slide into the archives - until it got resurrected in the last week or so, I hadn't posted since September of '12. The bike has changed a lot too.

I assume the SharkSkinz tail you're talking about is the RC45-type tail - I do dig that one - I'll be still running this fat SS tail at least at the start of the 2014 season, but I will be changing the tail completely with something different at some point in this season.

I agree about the number plates/numbers - it was just a little while after I had clear-coated everything, that I considered that I should have angled the numbers... and the plates would surely look better with some trim.
    It's been down once with this paint, and it'll surely be down more - I'm gonna do something completely different when it's time to repaint anyway.

Yes, it has a double bubble now - it took me a long time to find one, and so I just used what I had at the time. Anyway, thanks for the tips!

2. JNSRacing

Thanks guys. Yeah, not necessary that a race bike look like a POS.

A lot has happened since the last pics - here's a quick and dirty of where it is now.

I installed a heavy duty cover for the pulse gen., having the second F2 for street, I stripped it's ugly red tank, painted/decaled it for this bike, and put in a keyless cap.
    Of course, since this bike could now be dedicated to the track, I trimmed everything I cound from the frame/subframe, that was only needed for street crap.

Went with a Tygon tube rear reservoie, upgraded to cartridge forks, drilled painted and mounted new fender; mounted slicks.

[​IMG]

Got a full Two Bros. system from Duck62, so I put his better looking header on this bike, and put the other Two Bros. header on the street bike.

[​IMG]

Up front, I finally found a double-bubble screen, installed a 919RR master, eliminated the ign. switch then trimmed and polished the top triple, replaced the OEM clip-ons and levers with race stuff, installed a Graves stay, Koso guages, race ignition switch.
    Eliminated the left switchgear and installed a 900RR choke cable... while I was at all this, I removed the entire wiring harness, and stripped it down to race-only necessities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally installed the right-angle valve stems, and,that's all I can think of.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. JNSRacing

And just for the hell of it, here's the second bike I picked up, starting like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's now sitting like this, with still a lot left to do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I like both your bikes. I think they look really good.:up:

5. JNSRacing

Thanks man!

6. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

Yeah, I figured that out afterwards, lol! Oopsie!

7. JNSRacing

Ain't no thang but a chicken wang! :D

8. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

The bikes are looking great. Very nice job and attention to detail.

9. JNSRacing

Thanks, now let's see how bad I can screw up the race bike this season! :eek: