1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'93 CBR 600 F2 Mods - Phase 1

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by JNSRacing, Jun 8, 2012.

1. JNSRacing

JNSRacing Well-Known Member

It's just a rattle can job this time around - I'm still trying to make it look as good as one can, with spray paint, but be prepared for disappointment, I know I am!! :eek:

2. Twissta

Twissta Well-Known Member

Wow man it is hard to believe that those were my fairings at one time. You have really done a great job on them keep up the good work.....

3. JNSRacing

I got the race fairings all painted at last - just in time for plenty of drying time, before mounting them up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used one of the first designs of my race exhaust hanger, to chop up and modifiy, for use as part of the mounting for the race tail section.

[​IMG]

The race bodywork has allowed me to shave an additional 8 lb, 9oz, off of my previous track-day setup.

4. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Hi, I think I read that you are just going to spray bomb your body work. I recommend after you spray it that you take the body work to painter and have them spray a good clear coat over it. it will look better and hold up way way better. gas will eat spray bomb in like 30 seconds. most shops shouldnt charge you much to do that. just a thought, i think youll be much happier in the long run. Lance

5. JNSRacing

Agreed, but... there was barely enough time to get them ready and dry before leaving Sunday for the track, but I've made it there and back, no gas spills... no crashes. I'm getting them back off tomorrow, probably, and then I'm gonna work on the red accents, the number plates, and clear after that.

Race plastics mounted; headed to the track.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JNSRacing

Agreed, but... there was barely enough time to get them ready and dry before leaving Sunday for the track, but I've made it there and back, no gas spills... no crashes. I'm getting them back off tomorrow, probably, and then I'm gonna work on the red accents, the number plates, and spraying on clear after that.

Race plastics mounted; headed to the track.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

i know i'm just lookin at pics here but every time i look at this thread i think your chain is way too tight .

cool bike btw , seems like you are having fun w/ it and riding within your means . i call that smart .

oh wait , wtf dude , why are you not draggin an elbow ?

8. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Bike looks really good man, come along way with it. Where did you ride this weekend?

9. JNSRacing

I was at Heartland Park Topeka again, this time for a school with Jason Pridmore, along with Greg White, James Rispoli, and Corey Alexander.
    KMC was right...the Pro-Tek rearsets are not high enough, and I need to seek out the re-locator plates (or fabricate them), and get a longer shift rod - I dragged my pegs and toes a lot on Monday, and I corner with the balls of my feet on the pegs.
    The Michelins performed flawlessly again... I LOVE those tires.
    I mihgt be going to ride at Hallett this next weekend - not sure yet, though.

10. Twissta

hey give me a call I have some for ya, :Pop::rock:

11. JNSRacing

Got the bodywork taped and masked off for the red accents yesterday afternoon, and painted in the early evening.
    It doesn't look what I'd call "fantastic", exactly, but this is my first paint job of any sort... ever... so, considering that, I think it looks pretty good - they are race plastics, after all.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if I'll get around to the number plates this weekend or not.

12. Twissta

body work looks great..sis you get the message about the rearset re-locators I sent you let me know....

13. JNSRacing

Here's the race bodywork mounted again with the new red accents - I put the tank cover that came with the Hong Kong fairing set back on, so I could see how things would look with the tank in black, especially since the silver and more "flourescent" red that are on the tank, don't match the new cherry red color that I painted on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. JNSRacing

No, I didn't get a message, but I just saw your post, asking me to give you a call - I'll try you tomorrow.

15. JNSRacing

I found time to get the number plates painted on the tail today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. JNSRacing

I found a very cheap seat, with damage to the pillion portion, and chopped it down to a lighter weight solo seat.

[​IMG]

17. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Will we see this bike at the GNF? Inquiring V7 minds want to know!

18. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I would be worried about that tail brace impaling me during a crash.

19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

You worry too much..... :D

20. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I have seen your bikes, they worry me too. :D