1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500 GP Bikes

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by cgordon3, Oct 16, 2005.

1. GrahamB

GrahamB Well-Known Member

It'd be kinda long for a bike...

There's a guy in Australia with an NSR500V as well: got all excited about buying it then found there was nowhere to race it :rolleyes:

They did bring it out one year for the Harvie Wiltshire trophy, which has basically no rules (although they had to lose the carbon brakes). It came out in practice with the 250's and motored past me out of T1/T2 at Broadford.... "wow, that dude must have got really good drive outta there... hang on... chain's on the other side on an RS250...oh..."

In the end it was too much for the track and he raced his 250 instead. Tried to get a wildcard for the Phillip Is 500GP one year too, but was turned down.

2. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

Zach Lee was at Barber in aug '03 with the other org racing that NSR500. I saw him go thru tech and I was like "what is that, where did you get it, how do i get one, omg i just peed myself,. GIGGITY GIGGITY GIG-A-DEE". Still had the Shell Advance paintwork on it, I believe.

Something must have been wrong with the bike or something because I went by him in the MW GP race from the second wave as I was still yellow plate and he was in the experts. (?) I never got to talk to him after the race as it poured down friggin rain on sunday there, but anyways the bike was gorgeous but I bet it is hard and pricey to keep the bike running.

I pretty much bow down to 500's :bow: :bow: :bow:

Rossi said it best. "ehhh, the 250 was gdreat but then you get on the 500 and, ehhh FECK!"

3. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Larry Cohee from Michigan ran a ROC 500 in WERA F-USA back in the mid 90's...

It belonged to a friend of his. :clap:

I was riding a Ducati 888 Corsa Superbike, that belonged to a friend of mine at the IRP round one year.

We joked about stopping on the backstraight and swapping rides - Damn, shoulda done it!! :bow:

4. ism409

ism409 Well-Known Member

5. Bill Cole

Bill Cole Well-Known Member

Hey Rocky... Seems I recall a test ride on the 500.... ? Hope your doing well Rocky.. Have a great holiday.. If you actually take the time to have a holiday.

Bill Cole

6. TwoCycler

TwoCycler Well-Known Member

Hey Bill!,

Yep, on my holidays I like to work on motorcycles! Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

Rocky Stargel
    Team Stargel

7. Bill Cole

Bill Cole Well-Known Member

Well done!!

8. wegnot

wegnot Active Member

Wow. I consider myself extremely lucky to have run across at TZ750 project bike, but a YZR500? Whew, that is the rarest of the rare. You are seriously a lucky individual. TZ750 parts are hard to come by, but i can't imagine how difficult those YZR parts must be to find.

Can you really find parts for that thing?

9. 12pointRacing

12pointRacing two-stroke potato peeler

Rocky can find parts for anything two-stroke.

Motors containing valves seem to elude him still, but two-stroke - that he can do!

:D

10. fat bloke

fat bloke Well-Known Member

and one of them is sittin in my garage :D

[​IMG]

11. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

I know of 3, then. Very nice, Bloke.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  12. fat bloke

dammit they aint as rare as i thought :D

13. 12pointRacing

WTF?

You guys have NSR500s just sitting around the garage?

(is that the twin? got any more photos, like say, without bodywork?? :D )

14. Nungas2

Nungas2 Active Member

I don't get this. An outdated 500's, my Bandit GSF1200 has twice the motor in it. And custom paint done.

15. 12pointRacing

You are barely entertaining.

16. fat bloke

yep its right next to the 250 :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  17. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

I was gonna ask - who's first? :D

18. Nungas2

Nungas2 Active Member

It's ok to have a small displacement bike to learn on. But why keep them, flip it and get a faster one.

19. 12pointRacing

Surely, you can't be serious.

Because if you are, I take back my last commnt. You are entertaining.

20. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

I'm just gonna stand back and watch...