1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500 GP Bikes

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by cgordon3, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

I have a better idea - I'll take my 250 and race your 1200 for pinks. Bring your sneakers...

2. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

nice bloke, what is that 01?

3. fat bloke

fat bloke Well-Known Member

yes sir, well kinda!

4. 12pointRacing

12pointRacing two-stroke potato peeler

( 250s are wonderful, but NSRs are downright scary. You know you have more pictures of that thing to post, yes? )

:D

5. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

yeah but the motor on yours has to be about to blow, its smoking:D

i bet hes got that gsf jetted to 1300 too:rolleyes:

6. Nungas2

Nungas2 Active Member

I mean, I started off on a ZX600E and it was dog slow, i can imagine a 500 suzuki being complete tart. no wonder they just sit in a basement and noone rides the bike.

7. Trent

And what's even more weird? The smoke is kind of blue. I don't know what to make of it.

8. Trent

Ok, are you trolling at our expense? Is this Brad? Seriously though, if you have questions about the difference between a four stroke motor and a two stroke motor, they can be answered here.

9. Nungas2

Nungas2 Active Member

Agghhh, its one of dem wheedwacker motors.

Sorry guys just trolling a bit, I have a 250 myself. Bloke whats inside that tz of yours?

10. Trent

Whew, that was a close one. I didn't know if we should educate or make fun of you. :D

11. fat bloke

i,ll be pullin the 500 down to the frame in a few weeks if ya want pics? its really nothin special to look at but its summatt else to ride! we,ll have it backtogether early in the new year, the motor and suspension is goin back to the UK for servicing and the rest of its just gettin cleaned up ready to play with next year!

12. Nungas2

Nungas2 Active Member

i was hoping for some fun making, katanaman style :D

Nice bikes, there was or maybe stil is a ROC YZR500 for sale on tz350.net asking price right at 35k pounds. I am going to 125's next, 250 is too much of a bike for me. i don't even want to know how crazy a 500 will be.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  13. fat bloke

sadly its not mine its just here for work! but i do get to play on it now and then :D

14. fat bloke

last time i talked to clive from padgetts in the UK he woz sellin an ex wayne rainey YZR500 it belongs to lester harris who owns harris brothers racing who built the harris 500s way back when!

it woznt cheap!

15. 12pointRacing

YES!!

Could you take pics of each step as the thing comes apart and goes back together cause that is about as close as I will ever come to rebuilding a 500 as I will get!

:)

16. fat bloke

i can fax you the HRC shop manual if ya want LOL

17. 12pointRacing

Better yet, a QuickTime Movie!!!

:)

(ok. now I am getting carried away)

18. GMC

GMC 2-strokes only

O.K. guy's stop fouling around I started out on a R6 and it goes good, but the R1's smoke me on the straights. So why would you want a little 500? My friend had one of those 500's I think he said CX, all I know is it was a dog.:Puke:

19. RDJeff

RDJeff Well-Known Member

Hmmm, NSR500 vs R1. Which would be faster?:p

20. Nungas2

Nungas2 Active Member

Giant weedwacker must win

:D

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005