1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Schedule Changes

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Obviously things are in flux right now and will be so until we have an idea of when we can all go back to the track. However, some changes have been made and we are rearranging some things to react to those.

Talladega August 8-9 will be moved to August 22-23. That's due to the shuffling of the MotoAmerica Road Atlanta race (an STT day had to be moved for MA and we're moving to not be against the new STT date).

I'll post more here as we know them.

On the MA note just to have it in one place - their Road Atlanta date is now July 31 - August 2 and their Indy date is now October 9-11.

obcbr and mastermind like this.
  2. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

What about April Tally?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not happening since Alabama is still shut down along with well...everywhere else.

Boss will do a press release tomorrow. Not even going to speculate on moving it or the like until we have some sort of an idea of when we can go racing again.

obcbr and E Reed like this.
  4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

no changes yet for Pitt Race i'm hoping?

5. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

And also, if half the season is cancelled, will the points requirement get waived for Barber this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a points requirement

7. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

For Sportsman races you just needed to run one race, and National Challenge, Vintage and Endurance are points championships that anyone can enter. Don't know why that would change even with a short season.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No change to GNF requirements and no news on PIRC yet as we know nothing about what will be happening in May at this point any more than the rest of you do sorry.

9. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Some of us were only doing 1-2 rounds this year. If they’re cancelled and can’t get points, we should still be allowed to compete at Barber for any class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

At this point lets see when we start racing before worrying about maybes and what ifs. We will adjust things but the level of adjustment will depend on what happens. Right now we've cancelled two races and that's it. Chill for a bit.

R/T Performance likes this.
  11. rwdfun

rwdfun

With things being canceled that were planned for July, thanks for still holding out hope for the May rounds. Hoping the worst of this thing is over in April. I can't think of a better way to enjoy the first weekend states lift the stay at home order than with the mid-May PIRC round.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our stay at home lifts April 13 but that was too close to Talladega to keep up hope of running it. Currently I'm hoping I'll be driving to Grattan May 6th or so...

R/T Performance and Shenanigans like this.
  13. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

any schedule updates?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. It is only April 14 and we have absolutely no clue when this will be over. So until we hear something more we won't have any updates. I get some of the other orgs moving things but we're not in the same position as they are unless their moves affect our events like those we've already posted about. If anything gets changed or cancelled or whatever you can trust I will post about it immediately.

15. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

gotcha. i know LRRS has cancelled all events in May. I didnt see anything online about Pitt Race or Roebling race tracks being closed or open either.

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Gov Nitwit isn't being nice to residents, and currently if you have a vacation home you're not allowed to visit it. You have to stay at your primary residence, and if you're traveling the State Police may stop you and ask where you're going, and maybe fine you. And no landscaping allowed and golf courses are closed but...
    upload_2020-4-14_12-21-53.png

I'm with you though and hope that things will change by the end of the month.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    R/T Performance likes this.
  17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

What she didn't account for is when your "vacation" home is your primary residence as is the case with my mom. She's supposed to be back up there May 1 and it is a bit of a cluster right now. She just spent 6 mos. down here (FL) in a van so she's a bit pissed obviously. :crackup:
    The no yardwork thing is a bit much IMHO, hopefully Lansing eases that soon.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She should be fine then really, even MI being as goofy as they are will allow you to return to your primary residence, assuming they ever even stop her. Does she have MI tags?

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Gov. Nitwit doesn't want you to leave your Michigan home #1 (primary/on your driver licence/taxes) and in theory a large population with a large health care system in place to serve those people. So your Michigan vacation house #2 is in theory in a less populated area with less health care info structure so she doesn't a large mass of people to overwhelm the smaller health care system. And if you are out of state you can return to your primary Michigan residence. We're in a county of 24K with only 12 cases found and one death so far, and I sure as shit don't want the population to grow to much until this this is over with.

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Hey watch it we allow you and Sublet up here don't we? And aren't you both from that "corn nut" state just south of here?

R/T Performance and t11ravis like this.