1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Schedule Changes

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 27, 2020.

1. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

@Mongo Is there a set date where a decision will be made with Pitt? Just want to keep an eye out. I know PA will be opening some counties come May 8 and Butler wasnt on the “for sure” staying closed until the end of May list.

2. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

I know it's likely been discussed already. But does anyone know how much it course to rent a track?

I feel like we (I like to help others spend their money) should consider if it's feasible to take this matter into our hands. Just sayin'.

3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

same for me. i have to request vacation time from work and plan the 16 hour drive.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Hahahaha... Well start with picking out the track. It could be as little as 5k per day to as much as 25k per day just for the track rental and maybe an ambulance if you're lucky. And you will probably need your own insurance which would probably cost a few thousand. And that's if the track will even rent to you which they probably won't or can't.
    The way Jennings is trying to do it is sketchy at best.

5. DmanSlam

That's not cheap nor easy. I really didn't know. I bet kart tracks are cheaper...thinking minimoto instead. None of them are open in the midatlantic/northeast area, that I know of.

6. noles19

well that's what I do actually. At Carolina motorsports park mostly, and we have the same requirements on a smaller scale, I have to have insurance and an ambulance on sight etc. The herrin compound is open in GA but most others are closed, the limit of people in one spot is what makes it very very hard to open.

7. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

NYST is open. they have done at least 1 track day and someone is planning a track day for vintage sometime in may

8. DmanSlam

@noles19, I was gonna ask who would even be monitoring social distancing at the racetrack if only a small population is present but I guess in this day and age of social media, the phone cameras will be rolling.

@cyclocrossfool, thanks for the heads-up. I'm not sure I want to visit NY for the time being!

9. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

@cyclocrossfool, thanks for the heads-up. I'm not sure I want to visit NY for the time being![/QUOTE] way upstate, better chance youll get lyme.

10. noles19

When this all started people were at Nola racing cmra I believe and someone from the paddock called the cops and reported them and the sheriff showed up and shut them down while the track was trying to figure out what to do. So you'd be surprised

11. DmanSlam

Wow. That is surprising. I guess I'll be towing my bikes for shakeout rides in industrial parks for the time being.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Comparing that nazi to mentally challenged people is a compliment she doesn't deserve.

418 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - Grattan is for sure not happening. We will have a decision on PIRC early next week if not even late this week. It's tough as they're all changing the little details that matter daily it seems. County by county doesn't really help us if the state is still limiting travel in other areas or if other states next to it are doing the same so we have to take all of that into account.

At this point Road Atlanta has talked to the state since they don't fit a normal category of venue and they are allowed to open with no spectators as of May 15th, that means we're good for Roebling as well with the sam restriction so at this point we are absolutely planning on doing those.

Not sure on details on pre entry or the like - and I'll also sort out how to handle moving entries for those who pre entered the Roebling National in March this week and let everyone know.

E Reed and yuengling910 like this.
  14. noles19

So do family members become "crew" in those cases at road Atlanta and Roebling?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Family members are always part of a club racers crew.

Patrick Hannigan likes this.
  16. noles19

:flag:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

MAY 9/10, 2020 GRATTAN CANCELED

Due to the extension of regulations by the State of Michigan restricting activities in the state, as well as motels having contacted racers and officials cancelling reservations made for the May 9/10 WERA Grattan event WERA has to cancel this event. We will talk with the track once things open for business as usual to see if there is any possible weekend available that would work in the existing schedule.

The next two events up will be the weekend of May 16/17 with PittRace and Roebling Road. We will be keeping an eye on Pennsylvania and surrounding states with regard to the event at PIRC. At this point it is extremely likely we will be able to race at Roebling Road. More information on both will be released as we get it.

WERA Motorcycle Roadracing is working with all our venues on this and the restrictions they are under and we will keep you posted on all of the May events. We are all hoping to get a Green Flag soon so you can all see your Checker Flags soon.

The WERA office is closed so please communicate via e-mail: [email protected] until we are back in the office. Thank you all for your continued support through this and we are shooting for being back on track ASAP……..

E Reed likes this.
  18. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

@Mongo thanks for keeping us informed and up to date.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No problem, don't have much else going on right now :crackup:

20. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

my fear is the tracks open up prematurely, another wave of the virus comes out, and the states close everything for the summer.