1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. six6two

six6two AWD

Where's all the betting?!

2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

six6two likes this.
  3. six6two

six6two AWD

4. Dan Dubeau

So you're in for next year......:Poke:

5. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I don't like the sprint races in WSBK, so I definitely won't like them here. They've officially managed to fuck everything up now.

Chino52405, YoshiHNS, HPPT and 2 others like this.
  6. six6two

six6two AWD

I'm down to take your money!:D

Seriously I do need to faze out the F1 and take my entertainment back to it's roots... although I must admit I just haven't been that interested in MotoGP since the unraveling of Vale.

7. Dan Dubeau

Well be prepared to join a long list of people that have tried and succeeded :D

I find it keeps me more interested in Motogp. I don't really follow much sports anymore, and the fantasy league makes me take interest and enjoy the races more.

8. six6two

six6two AWD

haha make no mistake I will be losing my $75! I had to quit gambling in college for that reason.. it's so much fun but requires way too much homework for me to get anything else done.

It'll be fun to dive back into GP's and compete with the WERA fam again... even if it is just online!:beer:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

10. Dan Dubeau

Chino52405 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He can play both.:Poke:

12. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

The only reason they have sprint races in WSBK is because they were trying to break JR's domination by rules and regs. Fact.
    Just more unnecessary wear and tear on riders and bikes. They should just use BSB rules for race 2 grids. Fastest laps of race 1.

Bruce likes this.
  13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Well, as someone famous here told me previously ... they are not catering to people like you.

Bruce likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Maybe. But regardless of the reason, I love those races. Definitely adds to the excitement.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

MotoGP going to Borat Country

MotoGP announces new race in Kazakhstan from 2023
    Sokol International Racetrack
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1012922/1/official-motogp-announces-new-race-kazakhstan-2023
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    KneeDragger_c69, Chino52405 and Senna like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

No Qatar to start since under construction
    You have new circuits pending completion/homologation, Sokol in Kazakhstan and Buddh in India
    and finishing the season near US Thanksgiving....sets up almost for an entire year of bikes!

[​IMG]

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Looks very flat (and Tilke-ish).
    Shakeup moving the Catalan GP to September. That race is usually around the solstice, and bugger hot; Fall should be a lot more mellow at Montmelo.

19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

So there's (at least) two sets of twins, one of whom is in the motoGP paddock and one of whom is in the WSBK paddock.

The Oncus and the Lowes - how did one decide to stay in the GP paddock and one decided to go the WSBK route? I'm honestly curious........less so with the Lowes as they've been on the downside of their careers for a while now (but still kind of curious), but why did Can Oncu decide to forgo GP dreams to race supersport? I realize Kenan started a team, but not sure that fully explains it.

Learn me.