1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

His tracks suck

stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Can started in Moto3 with a win then flamed out next year and Kenan moved him to super sport. He has done pretty well this year imo.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Honest Jack
    “I think you’d struggle to find a team-mate as easygoing as me. At the end of the day, I’m an outsider here.
    “I’m an Australian inside an Italian team. I don’t speak the language so you do get put on the outside.
    “It makes it easier for the team. I’m very open and talk to the team and I think the team really enjoys having me around, but it’s never the same – the same culture, same everything.”

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1013776/1/miller-leaving-ducati-i-m-outsider-here-sick-and-tired

4. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Oh boy!

Notice no flyaway rounds for the "world" championship? I cant imagine any cargo airline taking a bunch of ebikes as air freight.

BigBird likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Interesting that the class gets a status bump just as Ducati starts supplying the bikes.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Dave Wolfe

It may as well be the interpretive dance world championship. Nobodys gonna care

cbush likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not a fan of the E class.

So, Joe Roberts have a ride for next season? Is he buying his rides or is he marketable enough to get paid to race in a class full up with pay to play seats?

Not trying to create a shit storm just trying to understand.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

it does if a rider become a 10x world champion due to eBike and are ahead of Rossi and Marquez at the end of their career

11. Dave Wolfe

Nope. Premier Class World Champ is the only one that matters. Its my truth!!!

Shenanigans and BigBird like this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Blammo likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Not that i've seen.

still a couple Moto2 teams with openings: Speed Up, Marc VDS, Italtrans (his current); but his results are less than stellar except for that one "lucky" win

Does he come back to MotoA?

14. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

I thought I heard that Joe was going to be at Italtrans next year right around the time Bewbie said he was coming back here.

15. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

yeah, he had rumors of going to Flexbox/Pons racing but they signed Sergio Garcia. I swear the announcers said he'd be staying put at Italtrans with Dennis Foggia next year

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

I haven't seen anything about him at Italtrans, but could be true since they still have an open seat.

Maybe they both were cross shopping and found few to no takers

17. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed that the announcers are sorta sad when they mention Cam leaving the paddock? Especially Simon Crafar.

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

He actually started the season fairly decent if I remember correctly and at one time appeared to be in the championship hunt. He also had a solid 2nd place finish and I believe threw away a race win with like a 2.5 second lead. So, much like Cam, he has shown some flashes of brilliance but just hasn't been able to make that last half step to be a podium contender every weekend.

stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  19. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

Has anyone else voluntarily walked away from the Grand Prix paddock after just a couple of seasons? It does seem a little disappointing to see an American get to the penultimate level and just say "naahh" (although I get his reasons)

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

His reasons were solid for leaving, can't blame him

Steady T and Senna like this.