1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Senna likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Jesus crusty squatter punk, first race of ‘22 hasn’t even happened yet! :D

3. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:timeforabeer:

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Yes but didn’t marky mark’s lil bro lose his repsol ride without even running a single race?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

he shouldn’t have had it in the first place.

ajcjr, Steeltoe, stk0308 and 2 others like this.
  6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Well that’s neither here nor there now is it :beer:

7. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I have Johnny Rock Page winning the 2023 GP championship

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

I've read somewhere that Aleix said he's going to retire after this year.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought he said me might but is undecided but that was awhile ago I read that.
    I think he’ll get aprilia’s first win this year and that’ll change to hells no.

Blammo and lopitt85 like this.
  10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see him get a win. One of my favorite riders on the grid in any class in any series. Just seems like a grinder.

cpettit and Yzasserina like this.
  11. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Circacee likes this.
  12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Ya know, I keep hearing on the podcasts I listen to as well as reading in a few places that it seems Suzuki are committed to keeping both Mir and Rins, which I can't figure out. Not quite sure how Rins is apparently such a valuable commodity for them, given his inconsistency and tendency to crack under pressure. But maybe there's something I'm not seeing from my comfy couch.

13. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

He is probably cheap to have on contract and can throw the Occasional win/podium.

14. lopitt85

And when he is on...he is freaking fast. Probably helps with development, and assessing the changes brought about by your development rider.

15. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

They wouldn't need that if they had 2 more bikes on the grid...

Steeltoe, BigBird and lopitt85 like this.
  16. lopitt85

They need more Powah! Lol. I wonder why Suzuki and Yamaha continue to hold out on switching to the a V4 platform? Seems like they are just giving up free lap time and allowing the competition to have a bigger knowledge gap when they do finally switch.

I would wager that having an underpowered bike would maybe keep teams from wanting to be their satellite team. Theres a reason that there are so many Ducatis on the grid...and it ain't because they're pretty. :crackup:

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think the biggest reason is Ducati is willing to build and support the extra bikes and the other manufacturers are not.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Suzuki ran a V4 diesel in the past and chose to come back with an inline.

Are you smarter then the last two world championship winning manufacturers?

stk0308 likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why are there 8 Ducatis on the grid? Because they are willing and able to supply bikes and most likely at a profit. they ain’t doing it to make the motogp marks happy at a lose.

I doubt Ducati does much of anything at a loss including their involvement in MA, BSB or hiring Herrin to pop wheelies on public roads. :D

henry_carlson and BigBird like this.
  20. lopitt85

Never said I'm smarter than them, but I am smart enough enough to look at objective data as a fan, and ask questions since I enjoy conversations and hearing other's opinions. It seems the motor on those Ducatis provide a clear advantage. I remember some raves where they walked past the Yamaha of Quarataro and Vinales on the straights like they were sitting still, no matter how much they were outperformed through the curvy bits, and the riders said they knew what was coming and were helpless to stop it.

Get the bike turning (seems like that's happening) and some talented riders (ditto) and then the last inline 4 bikes might look to really struggle. Then if they do decide to switch they would be even further behind. Based on the trajectory of the bike does that seem like those possibilities are really that unimaginable?