1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has been DQ'd from a race or a race weekend?

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Jul 17, 2012.

1. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

All this "forgetting the transponder" stuff baffles me. Why does everyone, everyone, get a battery transponder? 99% of you only have one bike.

Mine is wired into the headlight loom and never comes off the bike. When the bike's on, the transponder's on.

2. Prolly a stupid question, but is it possible to get a 2nd transponder with the same number?

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Doubt it. Probably easier to register two different transponders with race control.

4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Around '94-ish, I ordered a piston kit for my '92 GSXR 750.
    The people at RES put a 907 kit in it...didn't know it until a rod came through the front and back. Guess I forgot to tell them it needed to be a stock kit.

After that, a local hack shoe-horned in an oil-cooled 1100. Unbeknownst to me at the time, you couldn't race over 750cc as a novice. :rolleyes:

Luckily I never won a race.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No you can't, but we can put multiple numbers with your name no problem.

6. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you!:D

7. :moon:

...and thanks Sean. I might do that. :up:

8. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Probably has something to do with that being the transponder that WERA sells. I don't recall having an option when I bought mine.

9. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

I lol'd and know EXACTLY what you mean :crackup: I've done that with running low on fuel during really good sessions and even in a morning practice, got brought back in a crash truck and had my wife and my wrench worried as hell. Since then when the bike comes back EVERY time it gets warmers or tires, fueled, wiped down/cleaned and the new grid put on. Only after all of that can I clean my helmet, grab data or look at times/videos. I hate too many rules, but running out of gas or forgetting a grid is a stupid reason to ruin a perfectly good opportunity for me to have an awesome weekend.

10. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

I got DQed in a race for not having a snorkel in my R6 in a SS race.

I know and have heard of someone in WERA waiting until the last race to protest someone for having an aftermarket master cylinder. He ended up winning the championship because he protested the guy.

11. I remember that, i think it was in the NE. It happened about 2-3 years ago. I remember it because i was at Ohlins in NC and Thermosman was building the forks for my 750 when somebody else in the shop got a phone call and they were talking about it (it just happened that day).

The sad part about it is that the two guys were friends. The guy with the MC told his friend at the beginning of the season that his other one was damaged in a wreck or some shit and he found the Brembo on ebay cheap and picked it up...and he made it a point to ask him if he had a problem with him running it.

Apparently he figured that the championship would be between the two of them in the end, so he asked him before the season even started to make sure he didnt have a problem with it.

His friend was like "no, of course not, i dont care...run it".

Then at the end of the season, his friend protested him and took the championship.

I am not taking up for the guy who had the MC, but that was kinda fucked up.

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

What's fucked up is the guys cheated out 3rd,4th and so on in the championship

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

With my second bike I'm buying a wired transponder for it so I don't have to switch between bikes. Don't like the idea of forgetting.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He protested the guy who was cheating all year? Sucks for them. Sounds like he won the championship by running a legal machine and gave the other rider all season to figure out how to follow the rules.

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yes.

Again, yes.

And for the record, if it's the situation I think it is, there were multiple conversations over the season about legality that lead up to the protest. It wasn't a one-off, wait until the end deal.

Bottom line is, if you can't race within the rules don't pout when you get called out on it.

Cheating sucks.

16. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I got to DQ six out of nine racers in the 650 Twin SS class in 2010. All of the top six consecutive finishers had at least one thing wrong. One of the riders had risers under his tank but still had the snorkel in on his second gen SV. It was fun to hear about the ranting from the class leader how his DQ cost him valuable points in the championship and he wasn't going to race with us ever again. After the rest of 2010. And all of 2011. Okay, he's not racing with us now, so his threat (eventually) held water.

17. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

I didn't run you over... my bike did after you crashed in front of me and I fell off my bike trying to avoid you :D

But I do remember both of us walking away from that one. :beer:

18. Quicktoy

Haha that's funny. In a similar circumstance, I got run over at road Atlanta when they added the new esses section. I was like the 5th crash of the day. As I was being neck braced and back boarded up I plead to Sean to DQ that new set of turns. They stopped using it after me :)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I told you all at the riders meeting to go slow through there :D

20. Quicktoy

Apparently I was too fast. I don't always get to brag about that :crackup: