1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Ant West opinions?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I’m shocked...

2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Doper sez wut?

4. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

“You are banned from any activity in any sport”
    that sounds insane...

5. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Deflection at its best.
    I fucked up so blame the world.

he needs help but it sounds too late.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

David Emmett had a good post about this on Twitter. Some people can't understand that the fim can't stop him from racing in non fim races. But they can reset his fim penalty if he does race in other series. And that's what they are doing.
    He tested positive for cocaine and is banned for two years and he needs to move on imo.

7. That’s sure a way to take responsibility for your actions.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He's a perpetual victim.

DrA5 and 418 like this.
  9. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Where did it say he was banned for coke?

10. noles19

backbone likes this.
  11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

He may be a whiny bitch but he’s not wrong. I’d absolutely believe that about Marquez’s Ecu. I’d absolutely believe that about Michelin and Rossi. I love both those riders but very plausible stuff. Motogp is a show. No different than a circus. I still love it but understand that politics are more important to them than racing.
    Dunlop would tell us right to our faces we weren’t getting the tires the factories got. That factories told us to our faces that we weren’t buying their parts. What’s different?
    On top of that. If he’s racing non FIM, to the FIM it should be as if he’s not racing. It’s none of their F’ing business.

RS250Ape, aaronson, Pixelator and 4 others like this.
  12. backbone

backbone scarred for life

He should be allowed to race in Brazil and out of FIM events. Which are few.

13. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Marquez was using a TDS shifter which was more advanced than the stock HRC giving him an edge.

Michelin was baking special tires for the Repsol team among others and not just Rossi. That’s how Elias won Portugal in 2006. Pedrosa didn’t like the tire so they gave it to him instead. It was a matter of cost and not against the rules. It’s one of the reasons Bridgestone eventually leapt ahead. They were doing real development work instead of baking one off weekend specials.

Is it plausible they were cheating above and beyond that? I guess that depends on your definition of cheating. Gigi Dalligna and Smokey Yunick would like to have a word with you.

14. noles19

Exactly neither of the things ant west mentioned was cheating or some revelation. Hell the tire thing was common knowledge at the time and wildly talked about every race pretty much

15. noles19

He can race in Brazil, except the Brazilian series just band him.
    The fim can't ban him from none fim races but they can tell the series why he was banned and extend his fim ban every time he races somewhere. Which is what they are doing, it's kinda a dick move but so is doing coke and going racing..

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I feel bad for him and he's not exactly wrong on some things but he just needs to shut up and move on. Great racer but sounds like no impulse control.

Sad, hope he doesn't end up like Ant-knee Gobert.

17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

His grammar is absolutely god awful too.

DrA5 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

So he could race in the Pensacola kiddie bike series?

turbulence, tl1098, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Dude sounds like he seriously needs help but to me it’s bullshit that the FIM says he can’t race anywhere. No FIM events, cool.

backbone, The Great One and Quicktoy like this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It said more than that.

It said he couldn’t be a ball boy at Wimbledon. He couldn’t run a fuel jug at the Brickyard 400. According to the FIM, he can’t even dig a ditch if there’s a chance it a sporting event would be held in the same hemisphere.

Given that, the way his message reads makes me wonder if there’s some TBI behind the scenes exacerbating his problems.

Quicktoy likes this.