1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Ant West opinions?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Jan 25, 2020.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, most professional racers are one-trick ponies, and have been training from such a young age that they can't really do anything else but be a bike jockey. If you're not winning enough to be on the forefront and you're just scraping by, you'd better be saving money like Scrooge McDuck.

Redding said this before he landed his BSB ride, if that didn't pan out for him, he was essentially dead.

RichB and Pixelator like this.
  2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

According to David Emmet (mentioned earlier in the thread), Ant can race at an event that is not FIM sanctioned or related, but those are few and far between. Every time that Ant races his suspension is renewed, regardless of the sanctioning body.
    https://twitter.com/motomatters/status/1220768320443572226

3. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Ain’t nobody wants a doper on the racetrack with them. FIM is enforcing this as any sane racer would want.
    if you don’t have any money, what the fuck are you buying cocaine with?

none of this has anything to do with Rossi, Marquez, tires, ECU’s or the past or present.

Dude needs to get a fucking job and get his life together.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well he is pretty fast, bet he would do well over here, but I think we are now FIM which would stop that. I know he rode on Aussie Dave’s ZX10 a few years ago and was quick.

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I think Ant has some personal demons that he may not be able to outrun.

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol good one. He'd fit right in.

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m not saying what he did was right. But dude may have done a line off a strippers titty one night. That doesn’t mean he was doing blow and racing at the same time. Dude has been racing FIM for a little while. I’m sure this wasn’t his first or second test. That being said, the FIM is creating a monopoly which I believe to be bullshit. Yes, Ban him from your and your affiliated races. Notify other series of why you have a ban on him. But to not allow him to race anywhere to try and keep his edge for two years? To keep resetting the clock? No. That’s bullshit imho.

backbone, L8RSK8R, Pixelator and 2 others like this.
  8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Only if there’s going to be a banquet.

9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Think of the children!!!!

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
    Fortunately, a lot of racers are smarter than Redding in transitioning to successful careers after racing. Hell, the GP and superbike paddocks are full of former racers not racing.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Every time someone says "they're trying to destroy me", odds are they're either off the narcissistic deep end, or experiencing drug induced paranoia. Or both.

sheepofblue and pscook like this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Man the dude could ride a motor bike fast in the wet like no other.
    He’s now giving uncle Clarence a run for his sanity.

418 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  13. ton

ton Arf!

that's precisely the point of a sporting ban. deterrence at a level where you can't support yourself doing the thing you've cheated at. it's no different than any other athletic endeavor... cycling, weightlifting, whatever.

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The point is to destroy the career as punishment and it works well. Tough luck for Ant.

15. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Not entirely true. An NBA player, NFL player, MLS player, or MLB player could get banned from their league and go overseas and play in Canada, Europe, Asia etc... A banned UFC fighter could go fight in other orgs, countries...

I agree that they should be able to ban him from all FIM events. But to ban him from all racing anywhere in the world is BS. That be like someone getting fired from McDonald's and not being allowed to work fast food anywhere in the world. Ludicrous!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    The Great One, L8RSK8R and Quicktoy like this.
  16. lopitt85

And if they want to extend his FIM ban everytime he races with another org, thats fine too. But they shouldn't be taking extra actions to go meddle in his business to get him kicked out of non-FIM orgs.

Again, that's like the fired McDonalds employee getting hired by other companies only to have McDonald's contact each new employer for the sole purpose of getting him fired.

backbone and The Great One like this.
  17. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

A doper is a menace to other racers ANYWHERE on planet earth, on any track, in any series, at any speed.

ball sports can’t compare.

Maybe U. Bolt has a clause in his contracts since he does his job at 30 miles per hour. he could drift off track and take out a parked car full of kids...

18. lopitt85

Good point. What about combat sports like boxing and UFC?

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, he should get a punishment but 2 years and extending every time he races in some outlaw series is bullcrap.

Doping needs to be stopped but IMHO the lengths of suspensions are well past the point of punishment.

The Great One and Fonda Dix like this.
  20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Doping is advantageous to sporting. Doing blow isn’t in any way. I can’t call this doping. It’s like the snowboarders who tested positive for weed at the Olympics. Weed and blow are going to give a snowboarder or a road racer zero advantage imho.