1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1260S

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 26, 2018.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

No way, SDR & GT are significantly more sportier and lively then a Multi. Hence the reason for the Super Adven S.

2. Have you actually seen a Multistrada?

It IS a touring bike. It has a large comfortable seat, an upright seating position, lots of leg room, lots of storage capacity, heated grips, cruise control, a tall windscreen, etc.

The SDR and Tuono aren’t direct competitors. They would be competitors of the Monster, or maybe Hypermotard. They are good street bikes, maybe fine for a 1hr-2hr day trip, but they are not touring bikes.

The Goldwing weighs twice as much, is twice as wide, and 1/10th as sporty/fun.

That’s the beauty of the MTS. It is very comfortable and great for cross-country trips, while also being fun to ride and able to rip the curvy roads when you get there.

3. It’s already a done deal. Rob’s got it put aside and I’m ordering parts.

Wheels have to be black. That’s a deal breaker.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Seen one, that's as far as I got. I'll buy "Adventure Touring", but "Touring" in the traditional sense, it is not. I see it as a sport touring (emphasis on sport) in ADV clothing. Enjoy it.

5. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

Good luck on the new toy. I've had the Ducati Enduro below for a little over a year now. Great do it all bike. I'm sure the 1260s will be even more capable. I can pretty much keep up with most sports bikes. Plus its super comfortable.

image1.jpg

Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'm, Lord Help me, with Broome on this....I don't like the bronze/gold wheels on the MTS in the gray color scheme.

Black's the only choice for that color package.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. It is definitely a sport touring bike for sure. Whereas the Tuono, SDR, Speed Triple, etc are more like naked sport bikes. They have higher bars to be more comfortable on the street, but they aren't touring bikes...or even sport touring bikes.

Using a scale of 1-10 from touring to sport riding, where a 1 is a Goldwing and a 10 is Panigale, the Multistrada falls somewhere dead in the middle. It can do both very well, but it isn't specifically purpose built for either.

In other words, ive seen them do well at track days, but I wouldn't put odds on it in an Expert race. It is great for long distance trips, but if I was going to live my life trolling up and down the interstate racking up miles, I would go with a Goldwing. The MTS falls in the middle. It is comfortable and has lots of features for touring, while still being really fun to ride.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Phl218 likes this.
  9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

ducnut likes this.
  10. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Am i missing something with the oil sight glass?

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

eagle eye

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

damn that thing is ugly.

motion and Wheel Bearing like this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Got enough shit written on the frame tubes?

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I've yet to see a comparo between a 1260 and a Tracer GT. The Multi is probably still more refined and obviously more powerful, but the GT with the upgraded suspension is probably close and I think the reliability plays in it's favor...

ducnut likes this.
  15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Ducati loves those frame stickers, luckily they are easily removable.

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, I've seen a Givi model that locked on and wouldn't come off, requiring "kinetic disassembly" at a gas stop. I too prefer the simple times, but have a plastic tank so I don't use a tank bag any more.

17. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

here’s mine. been having some issues with it stalling and the quick shifter intermittently working, but when it doesn’t do that shit it’s an amazing bike

[​IMG]

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  18. I don’t either anymore. I’ve seen a few in person and I don’t like how tall they are and the room they take up. Even the smallest tank-mounted bag is still too much.

So when I take trips, I use the saddlebags and a tail pack, and that’s it. I just keep my phone and iPod and shit in my jacket pockets.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sounds like my experience with Triumphs... when they weren't fucking broken they were sweet.

turbulence likes this.
  20. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

turbulence and Gorilla George like this.