1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1260S

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Nice color combo

eppy01f4i likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I rode one in Italy in June and couldn't stand it. Constant stalling, clutch didn't work too well because the clutch fluid was black. Seating position is really strange. You sit wayyyy down deep inside the thing. Didn't have as much power as I thought it would. Not really a fan, I guess. Hard to believe they're 25K new. That's some serious coin.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Really? I've got a 675R and was considering a Tiger for a street bike. I thought they were pretty solid.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Had a '12 675R racebike and an '07 Tiger 1050. Maybe I just got bad ones, but yeah- I'm unlikely to buy another. Only Euro bike that might make me go against my better judgement would be a 1290 SDR.

5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

As always, that's an amazing photo! :clap:

motion and turbulence like this.
  6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

And then there's the whole 'you can buy 2 GTs for just a little more than the price of 1 1260 S' argument.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  7. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

thanks my dude

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Almost got me in trouble when I had to get the Hyper inspected by the local Sheriff :crackup:

9. Black clutch fluid on a 1260S? The bike hasn’t even been on the market very long. How many miles did it have?

You do sit down in it, but that’s because it is a more upright, relaxed seating position.

As far as power, I’m not sure of the exact numbers, but I believe it’s somewhere around 165hp, and 95ft/lbs. If that isn’t enough power, then you should look into getting a Busa or ZX14.

They cost $25k because you are getting a lot of bike. Great motor, sporty while capable of long distance touring, top notch components, IMU based electronics, etc.

But of course, like every bike on the market, there will always be someone who isn’t a fan, regardless of what it is capable of.

turbulence and Mille R like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Clutch fluid being black on a Duc is nothing new and not an indicator of how the clutch works at all.

nlzmo400r likes this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

don't be clutch-fluidist

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I'm dumb over here thinking dry clutch. :confused:

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its OK... dry clutches have clutch fluid, too.

turbulence likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

HYDRAULIC CLUTCH (ACTUATION)

for wet or dry clutch.

15. Sabre699

Brain fart but thanx. :D

16. I just wanted to make sure this gets captured. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  17. Sabre699

:crackup:

Capture this...:moon:

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Swapped my '16 Tuono for my buddies 1260 S for a minute yesterday.....and man, i seriously had goose pimples when i got off the bike. It just makes you 'WANT' to ride and never stop. Sooooo comfortable....i thought my Aprilia QS was butter, but the multi's is like whipped butter smooth. On/off throttle response is nice too in the tight stuff.

But would i be disappointed in a 2015 Multi compared to a newer 1260 model? $$ is the driving factor.

Maybe a V-strom, Versys or something else and i would be just as content for sport touring.

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You wouldn’t be disappointed but you’d definitely miss a few things.

I must say, if you want something a little less money, but imo they did it better in every way (except power/less displacement) look at the new Triumph Tiger.

I didn’t really notice the less horsepower and the motor is a bored/stroked 675 based platform just with all the extra goodies.

Seriously, look them up. Or come to Florida and ride mine.

mice had about 5 riders flop from a multi or bmw to the tiger and will never look back.

the only major downfall to the Ducati is the constant warranty fuel pumps and the battery voltage is crazy critical on them.

gapman789 likes this.