1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1260S

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 26, 2018.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I thought the 15-16 1200 DVT was an issue and hasn't been corrected regardless of a flash or tuning but I may be wrong, hence the reason they created the 1260. I personally just picked up a 10' S in good shape with low miles and mods for $6.5k. Keep checking for deals, this covid is great for cash buyers in the used market.

2. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

You wouldn't be disappointed in the '15-17 Multi compared to the 1260......but the 1260 is a bit more refined. The low end throttle response keeps getting better and better. The clutchless up/down shifting is also pretty slick on the 1260, not to mention the Skyhook suspension seems to just get better and better.

With that being said, you may want to look in to a 2010-2012 base model with either low miles, or just over 15K if the service has been done. You can find them cheap. Put an Ohlins shock on it, set of cartridges in the forks and a full exhaust. That bike absolutely rips and has a lot less electronics than the newer bikes. Probably a good 35 lbs lighter than the DVT bikes. The 2010-2012 1200S Touring is good too, as it comes with Ohlins, but what's nice about the older base model bikes is they don't have any load leveling servos...etc. Less stuff to break. If you got a base model and built your own suspension, it will be better than the Ohlins that the 1200S came with.

Call/email me if you're interested in a 2019 1260. I'd be able to get you a smoking deal on one.

[email protected]

MachineR1, gapman789 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Sooooo, this looks like a good deal, no? :) https://www.ducatidetroit.com/product/2014-ducati-multistrada-1200-s-grand-tour/

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

5. gapman789

Which Tiger in particular? Looks there's a dozen or more different variations between the models.....800, 900, 1200

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Not trying to take anything away from the Duc, but in my opinion the 900 Tiger has taken over.

I mean if you “need” more power, yes the Ducati will win.

however, cross country, through the twisters, off road, and pretty much everything else, the 900 Tiger DOMINATES. Of course we aren’t even talking maintenance of course but we know that discussion.

the Ducati would win a trackday also.

mid at least ride the Tiger. It’s basically a bored/stroked Daytona 675 motor.

7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

8D6546AA-D2C7-42ED-9BFF-7D85F42C4801.jpeg
    Just freshened up the Öhlins with fresh rubber on mine hoping to hit the mountains this weekend.

Wingnut and turbulence like this.
  8. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Up to almost 50,000 miles on my Multistradas - first a 2010 S Touring, later (and currently) a 2016 Pikes Peak. I can’t say enough about how much I’ve loved them. They do so much, so well. Super comfortable, and with super performance. I’ve even enjoyed a few track days on them. I keep wishing for a V4 in a similar platform from either Aprilia or Ducati, but for now I’m still loving my big twin.

[​IMG]

Wingnut, Robby-Bobby and turbulence like this.
  9. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Akra on a Duc! Looks good.

10. gapman789

Pikes peak don't have the sky hook suspension, correct? Has forged rims, ohlins suspension exhaust and ecu from the factory?

11. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Thanks! I love the shape of it, and it sounds incredible.

[​IMG]

Correct. Had a Termi slip-on, which I replaced with full Akrapovic system. In that pic above it had CF wheels, stock ones were quite heavy. I've since replaced those with some OZ wheels.

12. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

what did you do for tuning with the full system?

13. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

According to Akrapovic, it was designed for the stock mapping. I did, however, add a RapidBike module, and have been pleased with the consistent performance throughout the rev range with that.

turbulence likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

RapidBike is amazing.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

16. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

anyone with a 1260 have the quick shifter stop working? at first it was intermittent with an ERR on the dash, and now i get the ERR on the dash 100% of the time and it doesn’t work at all.. 2018 likes peak with 4700 miles

17. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

How is the sound on long trips or the highway? I'm considering putting a full system on the 1260 to get rid of the ugly stock stuff but don't want to regret it when cruising for long distances.

18. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Not bad at all. I had an Arrow system on my previous Multi, and when I took the baffle out it sounded incredible - but on a long trip it absolutely wore me out. No such issues with this one.

Skter505 likes this.
  19. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Cool thanks. I ordered the slip-on will probably order the headers too.