1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1260S

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 26, 2018.

1. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

dood... those bronze wheels on the grey bike are money! don’t swap them!

sometimes i wish i went with the grey/bronze S instead of the pikes peak just for looks alone

2. :Puke:

Wheels are sposed to be black.

Only exception is carbon fiber.

3. turbulence

there are plenty of exceptions and colored carbon fiber shouldn't be one of them.. that's just uncivilized.

4. Dark gray can work, depending on the bike.

Under no circumstances should wheels be colored, especially not white.

5. So back to the Fender Eliminator kit. What makes it (ones from previous years) not work?

Do the bolt holes not line up? Or is it something to do with the wiring?

If I bought one from a previous year, what would it take to make it work?

I don’t want to pick the bike up and ride cross-country with that bigass elephant dick sticking out the back.

6. turbulence

here's your issue... in 2015 they redesigned the bike.. they went from this with a "normal" tail light that is separate from the rear fender

[​IMG]

to this, where the tail light is part of the rear fender... it's dumb and no one makes a fender eliminator... except dremel

[​IMG]

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Think there’s a market?

I mean, most leave it on to avoid splashing, but if i came up with some cool cnc machined ot CF piece?

turbulence likes this.
  8. Ah ok, I see it now.

Shit. Gotta figure something out.

9. Yes.

turbulence likes this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

LOL

11. turbulence

XFBO and Phl218 like this.
  12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I'll start the bribe pool for @Robby-Bobby to have the wheels done in white instead of black, or maybe only half white - half orange or some shit, at $20.

Anyone else in?

:D

13. turbulence

[​IMG]

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Truth! :D

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

No no no.

16. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Beat me to it - thats a photo of my buddies (former) bike here in BC...

17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Ask RB to order you up a KTM Super Adventure 1290 S. More power and more technology, not to mention no belts. and more exclusive. Otherwise, watch that XR disappear into the distance.

18. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

19. [​IMG]

20. Ive read nothing but bad reviews on that thing. Many people complain about the fueling, power delivery, vibration, etc. I haven't read a single review where someone said it was a better choice than the Multistrada, and I read on several forums where people got rid of that KTM for a MTS and couldn't be happier.

I dont see how a KTM is more exclusive than a Ducati. I have never really cared about shit like that, but im just saying.

More power and technology? What else does the KTM have the MTS doesn't? No being a smartass, that is an honest question.

The MTS 1260S makes 160hp and 96ft/lbs of torque. If the KTM makes more, it can't be much more...and probably wouldn't be noticeable.

The MTS has IMU based electronics. Traction Control, Wheelie Control, cornering ABS, Cruise Control, heated grips, "Vehicle Hold Control" (to help taking off on inclines), different riding modes that are adjustable, electronic active suspension, keyless ignition, Bluetooth, Brembo M50 calipers from the Panigale and 330mm rotors, up and down Quickshifter, slipper clutch, and full LED lights including "cornering lights" that rotate into the corner to help you see where you are going at night, plus a bigass TFT dash. Hell, it even has an app that lets you adjust bike settings through your phone.

All of that, with 18,000mi service intervals.

I am not sure what else the KTM could have, or that anyone could want in a touring bike.

ChemGuy likes this.