Points and the future of V8

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Wheel Bearing, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And seriously Steve, figure out how to not hit the return key. I'm done trying to read your posts. If you want to be taken seriously then try posting like it. I have enough things giving me headaches every day.

2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Again. Your system rewards a person who has no one in region.
    Just like my Championship in 2015.
    I was only one who ever entered class all yr.
    All i wanted to do was make it even across the board so that would not happen.
    Norman and Mitchell had been trading wins in their region and taking points away from each other.
    Norman won Race at GNF.
    He should have won Title.
    He earned it. But due to YOUR points system he didnt.
    But this is about me now isnt it.
    Do you not remember me pulling over at Tally and letting myself get lapped?
    Look it up. I did that to prove my point that a person who has no competition and get points for paying money shouldnt be able to win at GNF cause he had perfect points.
    My system wont hurt a person like that.
    But it helps other who have to race a few fast guys and they are trading wins
    which takes away from your counting 6 best.
    You HAVE to show up at GNF with 6 Wins.
    Cause if not it wont happen.
    Now thats not just what i think.
    Thats from guys who have bikes and wont race vintage.
    Racers need incentive.
    Mine is to try and win a national title.
    A few bad races and its a waste of money.
    Look at grids.
    Look how many show up?
    Look how many make a full season?
    Notice anything?
    But as ive been told its like talking to a wall.
    Take care and im done and out.
    Won't bother you about this anymore.
    I have no ideal why you wont try and help get more guys on grid?
    My system hurts no one at all.
    But keeps them racing and gives incentive to keep racing.
    Its simple and effective.
    But you have a great day.

Steven Isenhower #52

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

If it is the 6 best finishes, then 119 shouldn't be possible. It'd be 117 for 5 wins and a second, assuming 17 points for 2nd is correct. Either way that's 157 vs 154 so it'd still be enough.

cajun636 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, not sure on specifics of what they're talking about just yet. I'll dig it out in a little bit and check.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And FWIW - just changing over to the sportsman setup of winner take all at the GNF would take care of the supposed problem.

6. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well never said i was writer.
    I know i suck at it
    Been told a million times.
    But would save headache if you just pick up phone and talk to me.
    I offered you that before.
    Still stands.
    Always will.

Steven Isenhower #52
    281 536 3330

7. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Steve is wrong about the V7HW points in 2015. That year I had 2 wins and 3 2nd place and 1 3rd for my best 6. That would be 106 points. Double points for the GNF win 40. Would be 146 total. But I think I have done the math before. I think you have to have 114 or 115 and win the GNF to win the National. Lol...I don't know someone do the math!

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Thats NOT what we want.
    Vintage guys want to race for points like we have been.
    But we want more guys to be at GNF and have a chance to race it out.

Steven Isenhower #52

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I beat Mike once! I mean he was borrowing some zx6 that wouldn't stay in gear all race, but that's irrelevant. :D

cajun636 and VFR#52 like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It all depends on where your competitors finish. If you're assuming only two people in the class then yes, if you win the GNF you need 114 going in.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How does giving everyone 120 points going in make it anything other than winner take all?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I did too.... Only because he went home for Sundays Races

13. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Honestly have you understood my crappy writing at all? Save us and you and lets talk on phone. Then if i cant explain it and you say it wont work. Then i will never ever say a thing again. I give you my word. But somehow i never said give anyone anything. EVER. We vintage guys want to race for points. But given that anything can happen at a race. Aka bike stop running or you not win. You still have to race to earn points. Cut out counting 6 best races. Cap points total that you need for GNF at 120. But if you get 6 2nd place finishes you can do 1 extra race to make 120 or more. Anyone with more than 120 gets points taken back to 120 so instead 2 guys having 120. May be 5 guys or more people will show up for chance at title. But last 5 yrs you have had 2 guys and me 1 yr have a chance at title due to having 120. You cant win title with 6 2nd place finishes and guy behind has 120. Thats it. It's simple and easy. But we still have to show up and race and guys who finishe 2 and 3rd can add to points total and still have a shot a title. And they have make a few more races and guess what? Its more money for Wera. Do away with double points for GNF. Hell the points table is not even in rulebook. I had to ask others what the breakdown was. Its confusing. At least to a dumbass like me. No one has won a title NOT having 120 going in to GNF. Again it hurts no one at all. It wont hurt a guy winning all his races. And it wont hurt a guy not winning or having a few bad races. Its not like we race every round. And yes there are enough to make points But a few bad races on these old bikes and there is no reason to keep going with the 2 main guys racking up wins.Or as ive seen guys trade wins and take points away from each other. As Norman did by pointed out his results. I won by being only one on grid. And having 6 wins. Norman didnt look at points. I got caught out yr before on points like him. And yes i got beat at GNF. But if im out of points before we even grid up better to stay home. Id rather race and earn it. But as ive said call anytime. Maybe i just suck really bad a writing. And i admit i do. But i do want more guys to show up and race Wera vintage. And my phone is always on. Hell i will even call you if you will just talk to me. Thanks for putting up with me. Have a great day.

Steven Isenhower #52

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmmm, I edited it, doesn't actually help any.

And all of that still works out to winner take all.

cajun636 likes this.
  15. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I don't know about you Steve, but I race for fun, whether I have a chance to win or not. I know it's nice to race for a championship, but if people only raced because they had a shot at one then nobody would come out. And Mongo that's how I see it too by his own explanation.

16. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well of that was case id stay in Texas and race close to home.
    I have 5 tracks 4 hrs from me.
    Guess you dont know i live in Texas.
    And ive raced for 27 yrs.
    So yes my goals are different then others.
    Hope that explains that.
    Have a good one.

Steven Isenhower #52

17. vance

vance *

I ... THINK? I know what Steve is getting at, maybe?
    Race for points
    cap the total at 120 for the GNF
    This allows others to add races throughout the year to try to come close to 120 (good for grids and WERA)
    Then the GNF does turn into a winner take all, but only if you're willing to chase the 120 points.
    Not a true winner take all if you haven't spent time on the grid with WERA.
    This way, if I'm the slowest guy in the region that always finished 3rd but races every round, goes out of region to race more rounds, etc., in theory I would have a chance if all of the others DNF, mechanical, etc at GNF.
    That close?

VFR#52 and nhammond54 like this.
  18. nhammond54

Looks like I will be running Rd. Atlanta and Barber next year then. Lol...this never gets old! Good grief!

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. nhammond54

Ding ding ding!! Tell him what he has won Johnny! ! That is exactly what we are saying! Earn your spot at the GNF rather than run 1 race and show up at the GNF. I'm glad that someone else gets it.

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Omg someone figured out my crappy writing.
    Thats is exactly what i have been saying.
    Thank you sir.

Steven Isenhower #52

nhammond54 likes this.