1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The offical 200 thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

those Rotax engines take a bit to warm up :D

2. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Big props to DMG for their new timeslot for the 200. The crowd in the grandstand must have been in the tens of tens.:rolleyes: I'm very bitter about this crap. Wait till tomorrow night when the real show rolls in. :mad:

3. hoghead

hoghead Well-Known Member

The Aprilia bikes arent bad. My bone stock engine makes 138hp

4. Just Bob

Just Bob Well-Known Member

There is so much I want to say about all this. I'll be brief; :Puke:

And Mr. Edmundson, if you read this, I think you really screwed the pooch.

5. hoghead

hoghead Well-Known Member

Reserve your hasty judgment until the 21st when you get to see the highlights.

6. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Wow. Just got back from the track. All I'm going to say is this.

Good
    -----------------
    The new bike specific rules. Tires, gas, engine mods, etc. All weekend in both classes the time were tight and the racing close.

HORRIBLE
    ----------------
    The 200 Debacle. The Pace Car fucked everything.

Strange
    -----------------
    I wouldn't trust ANY of the results you are seeing right now. There is ALOT of stuff that is making no sense.... Many of us are of the opinion that a ton of the results and timing is fucked beyond belief.

7. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

dmg = fail

8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

If any of the AMA/DMG head honchos can walk away from this fiasco even the least bit satisfied then it only goes to show that...

...they are complete morons!!!

IMHO of course... :moon:

Thank god for WSBK next week and by the time this crap gets aired again (for the fools who haven't suffered enough already) it will be a distant memory (and we'll all be talking about practice/qualifying times at Fontana and how well Mr Spies did at Qatar). :)

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe we can now get back to watching 12 episodes in a row of Pinks.

10. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

they stole another one from hayes

11. JamesC459

JamesC459 Well-Known Member

I'd rather watch reality drag racing than sit through that bullshit that was just on.At least you know what you are gonna get.

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that they were racing under lights....I'm glad Shaheen told us that....

I don't mind those two clowns commentating as the posts on here regarding them are often comedy at it's finest and it makes up for their complete incompetance.

Highlight of the night: Pascal Picotte screaming at the fuel man that he f@cked up after Miggy's pit stop, I'm surprised that wasn't edited out.

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Mercado got ninth in his first pro race and it was the first time he's been to Daytona. Westby had a great race too, neither got much of a mention, mercado only got airtime when he was near Miggy, in the DAYTUNA 200. They really sucked. :(

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Worst race ever. Ever.

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Just logging in after our annual Daytona 200 viewing party.

What a complete clusterf*ck that race was. In almost twenty years of dedicated Daytona 200 viewing, that was the worst format I have ever seen.

Not new. Not innovative. Just pathetic.

The person who came up with the rolling start should never be allowed to orchestrate motorcycle racing again.

And while I'm at it, the pace car needs to be crushed - preferably live on television.

That is all.

16. caferace

caferace No.

a-HA!

The first idea for fixing this deal RE would likely be happy to get onboard with. With FIREWORKS and MONSTER TRUCKS!!!

-jim

17. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

Well, looks like my decision to do mountain bike maintenance instead of watching was a good call. Thanks to this thread, the 200 only cost me 10 minutes. Seems like the event was an embarrassment.

18. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Shock Therapy

I'm going to turn this into a positive for me somehow. OOOOHHH, I know, everytime Freddie or Ralph says something idiotic I'm going to get my wife to slide her feet across our carpeted floor and then come and touch me on my naked pee pee.:D

19. BHakalaw

BHakalaw Well-Known Member

Racing was good.... However....

The lights just went out?? Whoever guessed in that other thread that the "safety car" would make an appearance with 10 laps or less....Genius

20. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

that was Dave K...and I was congratulating him on his premonition when it came true tonight.:eek: