1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taurus Judge

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

My dad put those on the 30-30's that he gave to me and my brother when we were kids almost 25 years ago. I'm sure they're still available but they wouldn't work well on an AR-15 because the regular iron sights already sit a couple of inches above the barrel.

2. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

My bad. I see a lot of people blasting then for past quaqlity issues that have been gone for decades. Some people are resistant to change.

my taurus millenium pro 9mm, wifes pt.380, and my .38spl have all been flawless

3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

He's not retarded....he's Tactical. Didn't you see the watermark?????
    "Tactical" engraved on your products or on your photos, means anything you do supersedes logic, in all real world situations.

4. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Nope. I have mine setup just like that. Why should a combat gun be any different than a comp gun?

5. SpeedyE

I had a MilPro-9 too.
    Loved it, fun cannon.
    Hairline crack in the chamber eventually.
    Taurus will fix anything, no charge, no questions.....it's a good company, but quality is not at the very top of the pile....but their prices are very reasonable.

Their 1911's commonly shear off ejectors. Other than that they work very well. An aftermarket ejector fixes the problem for good.

Edit: Oh, and my MilPro-9 never once malfunctioned through several thousands rounds of mixed ammo. Besides the chamber issue it was flawless.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  6. SpeedyE

:stupid:

Matches: you can game-out your gun in many a ways to get faster times....things you would never do to a carry gun. Makes them better in matches though.

I was making fun of the guy but have no idea of the scenario he is shooting, and with enuff training one can get used to all kinds of crazy stuff.
    Seems like overkill if he is not competing (and even then, imho, it is a little over the top....but I know lots of people who do just that).
    When I competed, I always used the weapons set up nominally w/ full power loads (handgun gamers will run light loads for quick follow-ups, etc....ammo/guns they would never carry). I always went to competitions to use it as training to learn my firearms better, not to compete for scores.....so I did mediocre. A lot of guys are there for "lap times" so they do what they have to do to shave off time.

:)

7. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I have two pieces with scopes mounted. The aforementioned 270 and a Swiss made Mosin sniper model (which shoots fantastic through scope or through iron sights). Got a pre-ban AR. Thought about mounting up a rail system on it over the years but really just like the look of it stock. Not to mention I get a kick out of practicing open sight shooting for the amazement of how much one can accomplish with the naked eye.

Sorry about the threadjacking MB.

8. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

All good Joe :up:

9. wsmc 589

I agree to a certain extent, ported barrels, etc... but, I have used the offset sights in comp and carry. Unless you have tried them, I wouldn't discredit them.

They are MUCH faster than BUIS. I didnt adopt them without alot of rounds. they work.

BTW, I've carried a Taurus for years, has never failed to function. Would buy another in a heartbeat.

10. SpeedyE

I don't discredit them. I have tried them, and I know people who love them. For what I do (plinking) they are a no-go.
    But I know what you are saying....I understand the concept.

As you know, that is the key :)

I've carried one, worked 100%. Would trust it 100%. But do know issues can arise w/ them. I would carry one again, if needed. The 1911 fix is easy, but needs to be done.

I'm not bashing Taurus.

11. wsmc 589

I've carried one, worked 100%. Would trust it 100%. But do know issues can arise w/ them. I would carry one again, if needed. The 1911 fix is easy, but needs to be done.

I'm not bashing Taurus.[/QUOTE]

Rgr that. I love me some 1911's..... Good luck with that!

12. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

This thing kicks ass and has been going to the range with me almost everytime I go now. I have reloaded a ton of 45LC for it and Im almost tempted to start reloading 410.

[​IMG]

13. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Yeah, they do, but it jacks with your cheek weld on the stock. I haven't used the offset sights on an AR but it looks like you could set things up with the same sight height/cheek weld using either scope or irons.

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

At 10 yards you point the gun not aim it. You shoot with both eyes open, like you would shoot skeet. If the gun fits, it's very accurate.

15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Rossi Circuit Judge?

16. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Yes, scored it super cheap.

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

About how long is it?

18. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Just about 36". Hitting water jugs with Wichester PDX1 or Federal buckshot is just plain fun.

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

So just to make sure I'm reading this right - those Taurus PT1911s are decent guns? Hmm....

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

And if the targets you're shooting at are tiny?