1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taurus Judge

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

If I had to have a gun like that in my truck, house & office to feel safe, I would move.

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

They call it Fayettenam for a reason!

3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

You just gave me an idea. :D

4. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

bad things happen to good people in good places all the time ;)

You dont have to be in the ghetto to find yourself needing to protect yourself ;)

Recent story as of yesterday I think... definitely NOT the ghetto.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-hiding-kids-shoots-intruder/nTm7s/

5. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

So if I felt I just needed a .22 or a .38 to protect myself I wouldn't have to move?

Is there a city somewhere that only small midgets rape, rob and murder?

6. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Somebody call Connecticut and tell everyone to move!

7. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

It's sad the way the times have changed.Violence is in every town, just like drugs.

8. bdaddy

bdaddy Well-Known Member

Nobody goes to the ghetto to steal nice stuff. That's not where nice stuff lives.

Just sayin'.

9. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

^^^ This. Can't quite force myself to become a Taurus guy (car or gun :D ). Would love to shoot one for S&Gs but not for me. Cool gun though Matt.

^^^ This too! :cool:

10. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Why is he holding it like that?

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

because he's retarded..

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He not retarded. He has two sets of sights on the gun: a top mounted optic for long range and a set of iron sights offset at a 45 degree angle for close range. He's shooting at something close so he's got to hold the rifle like that to use the sights.

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Then whoever set the gun up like that is retarded...:D

14. rwood64083

Looks like an occasional rogue ejected spent casing may make it's way down the back of the shooters shirt with the rifle turned at that angle. Those are always fun :up: I suppose a hot casing is the last thing you worry about when trying to defend yourself or a loved one :cool:

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How do you propose to solve the problem of switching between targets at long range (hundreds of yards) and targets at close range (tens of yards) in rapid succession during shooting matches?

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Fwiw taurus has come a long way. Holding some of its past against it is like saying you won't buy a harley due to the AMF years.
    :D

17. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Duh...up close you rattle off rounds from the hip like Rambo or Commando :D

18. rwood64083

No, no... I don't hold anything against the company. I've never found a Taurus that I felt was comfortable in the palm of my hand. Nothing wrong with company or product, just not my thing. Maybe someday they'll produce something both appealing and comfortable I'd own.

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

No idea. Never did any matches. WHtever works I guess but that set up would be horrible in real world use.

20. rwood64083

I don't study up on this stuff like I used to, so forgive me for my lack of being 'up to date'. Doesn't anyone produce scope mounts that sit just tall enough to still use the open sights on firearms? I know some rifles don't have open sight options on them, my 270 Ruger being one. And rail systems mount most accessories pretty low. I'm so out of date :D