1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tally Roll Call

Discussion in 'General' started by S Tsotsoros, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Of course you do - you're one of those bitching about me all the time :crackup:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree - which is why it's still here. The only difference between here and a real paddock is everyone can see all of the conversations going on. Good bad and other.

While I'm sure those that don't like me can find others who agree with them to sit around and bitch about, I have a lot of people all over the world at all levels of racing tell me regularly they are amazed I don't go off on stupid shit more than I do :D

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

amen :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You know one thing I've yet to see in all the complaints about how mean I am to people is from those now I think 3 who have said they won't race WERA because of me - specific examples.

I'm curious about it because other than some people who are obviously dumb and posting things for attention, I don't go off on many people. So what posts have I made that are so bad?

5. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Yes . Good points
    began racing WERA in 1987. Ev was the boss then like now; Emily wasn't onboard yet but her husband Pat was gridded up next to me often shortly after. By this Sean is a relative newcomer, but still family. This place is open unlike any other organization. Wouldn't change a thing. Yes I've raced CCS, suffered thru the Edmondson crap and others. Here I can speak to the boss and the manager. RIGHT HERE. Plus, EV always has time for me even when the 'stars' are in the house. WERA is spread out like never before. And the inclusion in the JU series is a work of art.
    Sure Sean is not a patient man. So what? That's him. We all have our shit. His heart is there, and believe or not, even if you don't like how he runs it, he has foremost WERA and our safety as top priorities. Most here agree that WERA is by far the most professionally run org bar none. Hell CCS can't even name a class where it makes sense.
    Only thing I dislike here are personal attacks, which I have suffered thru the posts of stale bread and ruby boobies. Cool to post a difference of opinion but not a character assault. Stick to the issue, not the member or boss if you have to get personal.
    An open forum indeed, but provided by WERA who sets the playing field. Who here would allow unconstructive criticism of their business at their business? How about constructive criticism? How can we get larger grids? Ideas are harder to produce; name calling is weak, very weak.

6. Im not here to argue either, just shooting the shit. :D

You make a valid point. And as odd as it may sound, I sometimes forget that not everyone is an "Alpha". Because you are right, I am, my friends are, and all of the guys I work with are. You simply will not survive in this industry/job if you are not an Alpha. I deal with/am around Alpha's all the time and while we might butt heads, cuss at each other, etc every now and then...we get over it. 5min later we are drinking coffee and talking shit to each other again.

But not everyone is like that. Some people are easily bullied.

In other words, your point is valid. :)

7. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I was raised by a red-headed iron worker/welder. I was on construction sites by the age of 10. I was self-employed construction worker by the age of 18. I now work on Nuke sites...... So I totally get the Alpha thing. The people that are not Alpha will not argue or log in to ask questions. They simply observe and move on...... That is my reason posting, to bring awareness. I have said enough. Thanks for listening.

8. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

I love WERA.

I haven't ever had a problem with Mongo or his alter ego "Sean". Don't predict I will either.

Not everyone (maybe not even the majority) on here are "alphas", just the ones that post the most to make sure their opinions are seen are. The rest of us who don't "have a dog in the fight" just remain mute on most subjects.

9. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Exactly!

What nuke site? I work at Y-12.

10. :beer:

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

All you self-described alphas, what makes an alpha? Y'all have bitches and minions? :D

12. Cam Morehead

I am not self-described........ accepted it as a label after many years of being labeled..... I was not willing to accept it as a label since it was not my idea first.....

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What did people say makes you one? Just being curious here, please don't be offended.
    I know how the term applies to wolves, I never really know which people are or aren't.

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

why does your question make me laugh... thinking of alpha dogs that hump everything to show the alphaness? :D

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It's a choice you've made and that's fine. I don't know I would go as far as to call it shallow though, regarding other people - especially if it has an effect on your bottom line. Different personality types perhaps, as mentioned. Not everyone is an alpha.

Ever think about putting out one of those anonymous surveys? Those free web ones from Web Monkey or whatever RRW used. I bet you'd get some good feedback, which you could choose to use or dismiss. Trying to find what you can improve from us high-post count people is likely an exercise in futility.

16. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

After reading this I just want to say a few things. I above all know that Sean can be perceived as "difficult" but I above all also know that he loves the sport, has nothing but the best interest of the racers as a motive and that he unfortunately has to deal with our "virtual paddock" day in and day out. I actually had someone do a study of his responses and they found that his helpful responses outweigh any negative and that the negative only comes after repeated attacks and/or stupidity. The gentleman who did this for me actually said that I could not pay him enough to take on that job.

WERA has been here a long time - some years are better than others and I am sure if you ask CCS they will tell you the same thing. People come and go in this sport and sometimes they sway things but for the most part racers race and WERA tries to give them a good environment to do that in. When the Endurance Series proved to be dying I reached out to the strongest Club in the US - CMRA knowing they had a love of Endurance Racing that was as deep as mine. We put together the US National Endurance Series for 2014 - yes it is only 4 rounds and they are not all on the East Coast but we pulled in some great incentives - we have a Point Fund that sits at $7500.00 and growing, we give two Teams who traveled the farthest $250.00 each cash we have an ION Camera we give away at Rider's Meeting and we have a range of races from 8 hours to 4 hours. It may not be what the WERA Teams wanted but it has kept this great form of motorcycle roadracing on the map. I was hoping that the WERA Teams who wanted me to do what it takes to keep the Series going would have supported the US National Endurance - BEI, Army of Darkness and Navy Seabees have been to the rounds and the competition is better, the party after the race is a great time to compare notes and we all feel that this series has been a great move in the right direction when it comes to motorcycle roadracing and folks working together.

I hurt when I read some of this because I know we have all done the best we can with what we have been dealt. If this forum is a reflection of WERA Motorcycle Roadracing I am proud to say we don't censor, we allow you to speak your mind, and as a whole this Forum rocks in the world of motorcycle roadracing - it may offend some, but as someone said it is a Forum so don't go there if you are easily offended or don't want an honest answer/response, but if you need to know where to find a good plumber, electrician, doctor, or how to set your bike up and on and on the WERA BBS has that information for you. I so appreciate all the riders who support WERA Motorcycle Roadracing and come out to race with us and make it possible to continue to give riders the opportunities and events that we do. I am not giving up - it may be hard right now, but the pendulum will again swing and things will get better - this I know in my heart.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  17. Cam Morehead

1. 5 people in a group, I am the first to try to steer the direction of the work
    2. You try to steer me towards something I don't like, I refuse to be steered
    3. I think my ideas are better than yours
    4. I don't like you dictating anything to me
    5. I will talk louder than you to get my point across
    6. I do not like losing, ever, at anything......

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks.

So, no bitches and minions? :)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I want bitches and minions.

20. Cam Morehead

This is why I love you Ms Evelyne. I would literally drive in the middle of the night to help you if you were stranded. You are always a professional ambassador. With that being said, imagine you just found this forum and read 10 different posts. New readers do not know the history or any personalities. If you look at them from the outside, some seem very rough. I still do not have a problem with Sean and have defended him. I am saying as a whole, this forum is very aggressive. I am not bothered or offended by it, but lots are. I still support WERA and still have my WERA license. If I ever race big bikes again, I will grid up at WERA and CCS. My point is, lots spend one day reading this forum and simply go a different direction.