1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tally Roll Call

Discussion in 'General' started by S Tsotsoros, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

I like this lady :)

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Sounds about right on that.

Basically... to sum it up, do all and everything from being dominated or the feeling of being dominated in any aspect of life.

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

7. By doing endos in jorts..:crackup:

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

No Alpha can be caught dead in jorts. Alpha card shall be revoked after testimony of any witness.

Well unless it was 1989 and you were at a Slayer concert of something. DaveK was there.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I don't like getting sucked into these threads anymore, but I agree 100% with this.

Some don't even get mad, they just go another direction - exactly as you said. Whether it's another org, another trackday, or simply just staying at home. Big picture - racing's only half of what gets me to the track. The racing family is the other 50%. If I only had 50% incentive to go out and spend all this time and money, I wouldn't be doing it. And the people you speak of who aren't die-hards like we are on here, only see half of the whole picture, right or wrong.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Sure it is a good practice. But let them also sit over your shoulder for not only THEIR bikes, but everyone elses. That's what is done here.

I have an honest question. How can that perception be changed then? By what, in Kerrys case by allowing Jon and his what... $2500 dollars dictate where they should and should not hold their endurance races?

I know Kerry isn't the customer you are talking about. It is the new guy. But I was that new guy, just like Chris is, and I came here because of the classifieds and stayed and started racing.

So how would you not "scare" them away. I mean we all want bigger grids.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The how is easy - ban me from the BBS.

However I've done that for varying lengths of time as well as picked and chose what I responded to...no difference. Still people bitching about me even though I had been saying anything.

8. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

For the love of GOD!!! Look, I was at the shop working, a hot chick came by with her GSXR 750 and wanted me to do wheelies while she took pics...... I did. Then she wanted to take pics of my on my KTM450SMR...... I did it, ok...... Leave it alone.... I threw the jorts away too.....

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Well no, someone mentioned earlier about the barage of post on new members. I don't believe that those threads scare people off. You're scary and all but the only way you are scaring anyone off is after having been here for a while. Like a loooong while.

10. Like him, it wasn't me who came up with that. I have been labeled that by others many times. The first time I heard it, I didn't know what it meant and wasn't sure if I should take it as an insult or not. :crackup:

But basically (from what I can gather) it means being strong willed, confident, outspoken, somewhat hard headed, competitive, a leader, etc. Things of that nature. Basically more testosterone. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Talk of jorts is scaring me.

12. I love racing. We were so stoked to "make it" to WERA from the mini ranks and cart tracks! But to be honest if I did not know who I wanted to race with and stumbled across this very thread becuase I thought it was all about a local race I might look elsewhere. I have skin as thick as anyone and I am as stubborn as anyone. There is great stuff on the board and as much junk. WERA is the only club we can race with from coast to coast and is oldest group I know of. I don't expect love and roses, this is racing. The best advise I have been given is that the paddock is not one big happy family. I get that but I do believe that going forward from a business perspective in the interest of growing the sport and attracting more youth to grow and progress that the board could be better moderated. Also we could all take a little more ownership and be aware that there are people who read here simply because they are curious or have a dream to try on for size. I think we lose more than we know before they even grid with us. Rock On, let's race.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
  13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ahhh so they were HER shorts. Then while they were off after doing your cool pimp wheelies yall went into the back for "lessons". :D

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Agreed. Evelyne has a much more eloquent way of saying what Sean does - if you don't like it here, go someplace else. :D

15. Cam Morehead

Look, it was a rough time, money was tight, bills were piling up, clothes were scarce, I was on the verge of losing it all, I saw the jorts, I wore them, I was captured on film doing stunts...... It is a dark time in my past.....

Either that or it was hot at the shop and I decided to burn off some steam never realizing the pic would surface on the internet..... Ha ha ha.

16. Love me some Evelyne.

Mongo is a doodie head.

That is all.

:D

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You are the one who posted the picture! :crackup:

18. Cam Morehead

You do realize that I already accepted the fact that I am alpha and don't like to lose..... I will see you at CMP one day..... we can finish this discussion there..... :D

19. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

While I agree that some of what is spouted in the Forum may make someone look twice, but this is a business made up of racers and races have one winner it is not for softies and we don't give everyone a star - some of the "we need to be nice to everyone" has it's limits - this is a tough competitive sport and your feelings can get hurt on the forum, in the paddock and on the track - sometimes more than your feelings get hurt and that is what makes a racer so special to me. The out and out competitive nature, the I'm not giving up after a crash or defeat, or after a really rough weekend - they are WERA Motorcycle Roadracing and I for one am thankful for each and every one of them - even those who are not always happy about the rules, treatment or whatever......

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I hate losing motorcycling stuff but to lose something physically, like a sport or jump higher or run faster thing.... I friggin despise it down to my core.