1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tally Roll Call

Discussion in 'General' started by S Tsotsoros, Apr 15, 2014.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It's not worth rehashing or getting into all over again. You can search the forums and find enough on it if you want.

Bottom line - it's a forum. It should be no surprise that people come on here to vent, complain, tell people how to do their jobs, etc. That's part of what this whole place is. It's not called the "virtual paddock" for nothing. With the good comes the bad and whether fair or not - perception is real. And this place is watched/read by many.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

You're right.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  3. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

I had a good weekend despite shitty Friday weather, which allowed us to go shopping and drink most of the friday at mellow mushroom. This was my first time at tally and a second race weekend with wera and everything went smooth and professionally. hell, I even scored 2nd place in A-superbike even though my plank says A-supersport lmao!

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Eddie do you allow your customers into the rear of your shop? To sit over your shoulder while you work?

If Sean wasn't on here it would just be venting. But it's not, it then gets directed straight at him personally.

And you are correct Perception is reality. I get it, he hurts peoples feeling when changes aren't done for them. Hell I have had shit not go my way many times. But I don't pick up my ball and go home. I say well fuck, rules are rules and they can't be changed for me. Oh well, time for me to man up.

I gotta ask, who over at CCS is on their forum. Who is in charge there.

5. six6two

six6two AWD

I wasn't joking, and that's actually my point. If you don't like how the forum is run, then don't use the forum. It's just a forum. But we're not talking about the forum... we're talking about a racer not being able to run WERA Nationals because of how a forum is run. I'm not in the loop with all the drama, don't want to be. My opinion is based purely upon statements in this thread, but that just seems to me like it's hurting the kid's season way more than anything. Plus he's still using the forum that is apparently so loathed, just not taking the kid to the races. Weird.

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Your comparison isn't accurate. If the forum wasn't viewed as a positive for WERA in some regard, it wouldn't exist. But to tailor to your example, if you think letting people in the back of your shop is a good thing for business, then you should be prepared for them to critique your work/suggest how to do it better, all at the same time.

And I don't disagree with what you're saying. The point is, it does rub people the wrong way and they do take their ball and go home - or in this example, go and spend their discretionary income in other places, with this saturated market of track time/racing that now exists.

I'm significantly invested here. I want to see WERA succeed. I want to see bigger grids - especially at a National. The negative perception is out there though. And while it might not necessarily be fully accurate or fair to blame Sean, he's the leader here.

7. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

This steaming pile of forum has no bearing on were I race/ spend my $$. This place is for entertainment.....

As for were and who I race with its simple. The Schedule. Were ever and when ever is easiest for me on my $$ and time is were I race.....

IMO the CCS SE schedule works for me. But I threw in the closer WERA races at RRR, RA. JGP.

I dont care who is holding the flags......

The CCS 600 grids have had 4 times as many bikes on them as WERA so far this year.

Sorry, It just has been. I had the same fun at the CCS RRR round as I did at the WERA one. CCS CMP was awesome... 20 600's in the EX GTU and lil ol me got 3rd. :up:

And Sean is a internet poop head ;) but he is nice in real life, that I have seen.

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Nice work, must be that ECU. :D

I'd like to actually blame Dave K. He always uses big words and speaks in other languages ..

9. Cajun Kid

LOL It surely was :cool:

Congrats on your new Sponsor!

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Thanks. Word travels fast. :D

11. Cajun Kid

well I am in the next office.... LOL :cool:

Glad to have you repping our stuff!

12. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

1. I love Ms Emily
    2. I love Ms Evelyne
    3. Sean has been very helpful and professional with me and supported lots of my ideas for over 12 years
    4. I think this forum hurts WERA

13. I wouldnt say the forum hurts WERA. I think that might be pushing it a lil bit. There is a ton of good information on this forum, this forum is a great place to hang out and exchange ideas or just get entertainment. This forum truly is like an online paddock.

Personally, I think this forum is a bigger part of WERA than some people realize. I know for a fact I would have never even known about club racing in the US if I hadn't stumbled across this forum while searching for something else. A lot of people are exposed to roadracing due to this forum.

14. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

:stupid:

15. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Anybody that doesn't race because they got butt hurt over something someone said to them on a forum is too much of a pussy to race anyway. They should take up needle point or interpretative dance or some shit

16. Cam Morehead

This is where you and I have a difference of opinion. I don't think the "exposure" is typically a good one. You and I are both "Alpha" and most people on the WERA forum are "Alpha". I don't personally have a problem with this forum and use it for info, laughter, facts, and chat. I will tell you that lots of people get turned off and you will never know that they did. Look at my profile. I have been here since 2002. Look at my post count. Look at your post count and when you got here. The truth is that this forum is populated by a small few that post lots. There are lots of people that read but never reply. I have absolutely no problem with WERA and want the best for them. If I didn't care, I would simply read this post and laugh about it. Look at the latest "new member" posts. We call that "trial by fire". I am not here to argue with anyone. This subject came up and I figured I would say what others are scared to. I feel that this forum "bullies" people, whether it is warranted is irrelevant, and others read that. Carry on......

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sensitive at all, just curious why you all of the sudden feel obligated to continually insult me and WERA.

As for my ego or anything else, not sure how you can believe that when I let things like you post on here all the time.

You're not racing WERA because TOBC isn't and the funniest part is Jon's issues have always been with Evelyne not me. Weird how the koolaid affects people. Enjoy the ride while you have it and we'll see you when you come back.

18. Cam Morehead

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'll be a fun time, lot of great people out there. We'll be around Saturday during the Fastrack stuff if you need anything.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's funny, Evelyne and I have talked a lot about it and if people are that shallow that they won't be customers of ours because they feel I was too mean on the internet then so be it. In the meantime we'll continue to run the best races in the country and have the best racing web board.