Republicans not racist!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 999, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

This is splitting hairs in a sense, but when I read about people who believe the dumbest of smears about Obama I don't think all of them are necessarily racist, just stupid or ignorant.

Now, the SC Republicans who didn't vote for McCain in 2000 because of his “black love child,” that's different! :D

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Are you fucking serious? WTF makes you think a Republican would vote for him if he was white? He's a damn Democrat, pretty sure that's why a Southern Republican won't vote for him. Your statement is completely retarded.

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

It's "where da white womenz at?". Sometimes you are so damn white. :D

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

How did Gore and Kerry do in those states?

5. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Interesting isn't it? At one time the Democratic Party represented racism, hate and ignorance.

Tell me, which party do southern racists support today? :confused:

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Both. Which one do northern racists support?

7. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Why are you so determined to over-simplify and turn this issue into something stupid and useless?

8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Any generalization about Republicans being racist is about as stupid as refering to Muslims being terrorists -- it is inaccurate, misleading and adds nothing to any meaningful debate.

I literally grew up in the civil rights movement in the 1960s and can say without reservation from my experiences then and now that a person's party affiliation has nothing to do with whether they are racist or not.

Indeed, generalizing about the racistness of liberals and conservatives serves no useful purpose either, as I know completely racist liberals and completely progressive conservatives (not an oxymoron :D ).

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

For the record, I cannot dance.:(

Is "racistness" a word?

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn white people.

It's "where all de white wimmen at?"

Sheesh.

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

When a candidate starts boasting about their "record of diversity" we have to be sure they're not talking about how many times they've flip-flopped on different issues. :)

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Robert, you answered your own question. How can he see replies when his head is up his bum? (It's dark in there.) :)

With all due respect?

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

15. PInC

PInC Well-Known Member

Racism, Democrats, Republicans, all have reputations based on historical perspectives. Times have changed and those reputations/labels are no longer valid. Zell Miller identified it when he said that he didn't leave the Democratic Party, the party left him. I'd say Joe Lieberman is in the same boat, but he changed his party, whereas Miller didn't. It looks to me like all parties have taken a step to the left and political stands are crossing party lines to create three groups, far left, centrist, and far right.

Racism in this election equals, if you don't agree with Obama, you're a racist.

With that as my working definition, I guess I'm a racist. I don't care what color Obama is, it's his politics I strongly disagree with. I don't vote the party or the color. I vote for the person who represents my opinions, feelings, and vision. Obama ain't it.

Da wimmens bees in da swamp under da poke salad wid Annie.

16. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Republican.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Aside from the fact that we have pointed out that you are full of it, and why, what is it, in your opinion, that suggests that you should label all Republicans as racist?

18. 999

999 Well-Known Member

i never said it was exclsuively anything. That would be a simplistic, right wing position. :D

I see evidence that it is based on race. Let's take 2 highly conservative states out west, with no reputation for virulent racial discrimination and compare Obama's support there with 2 very conservative states WITH histories of racial discrimination.

I'm comparing Bush's 2004 margin over Kerry to McCain's current margin over Obama with the premise that Obama has converted a lot of moderate, non-racist Republicans out west, but is unable to get moderate Republican support in more racist states. This would indicate that there are a lot of racist Republicans.

UTAH:
    BUSH 2004: +45
    MCCAIN 2008: +24
    OBAMA 21 POINTS STRONGER THAN KERRY

WYOMING
    BUSH 2004: +40
    MCCAIN 2008: +13
    OBAMA 27 POINTS STRONGER THAN KERRY

KENTUCKY:
    BUSH 2004: +20
    MCCAIN 2008: +16
    OBAMA 4 POINTS STRONGER THAN KERRY

TENNESSEE:
    BUSH 2004: +14
    MCCAIN 2008: +15
    OBAMA 1 POINT WEAKER THAN KERRY

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Maybe to you it does. It shows me that there aren't many moderates in the south. They don't get swayed easily one way or the other. The numbers are basically the same for all four candidates.

Actually there are a lot of racist Republicans but there are also a lot of Racist Democrats.

What about the black people that are voting for Obama because he is black? Are those racist black people in your eyes?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  20. 999

999 Well-Known Member

No. Are they racist in yours?

Seriously.

BTW- Wyoming and Utah are not known for moderates either.