1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.I.P. Nelson's Ledges

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, May 18, 2014.

1. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Motoseries; I actually tried to PM this to Mongo when it happened so he was aware of the situation; http://www.motoseries.com/old/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2178

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've been keeping up with things. Right now all we can do is wait.

Email works, I keep PM's turned off, I'm horrible at remembering to check them when on.

3. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Roger that, I just know I had personal experience there last year with the same issues, and then a lot of my friends were involved in the above thread and had a lot of $$ issues with radiators etc this season.

Not to name drop etc. but Todd is a good guy and will work very hard to make it safe for EVERYONE, not just his series.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As will Scott depending on who is actually managing the joint at this point. Either way, we will not race with the chunks coming up like they were. We will however not make the call until we know more and have an idea if they can fix it or not.

5. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Oh my. My only experience like that was with Stephanie Huth at Willow. When we met I gave her a business card (which had a picture of Bonnie and I in matching Z-leathers in front if an RS-250 on one side and standard business card format on the other) she said "wow, I'd expect something this narcissistic from a cheap Realtor...what a terrible business card".

I asked for the card back and said "I do business with people I like and respect, and you dear will never in my life time fall into either category". We then left the place and have never been back. It was a rather surreal experience.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Stephanie could be blunt but she was always honest with us.

7. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Looks like some repairs are going to be made. I might be out there this weekend to help with some clean up. I think the fixes are going to be done next week. Will post up when I know more.

8. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Werd up on PIRC DH :up::up:

9. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I'll just go ahead and open my own psychic hotline now :D

10. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

:crackup:

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I hate reporting second-hand information, but I know motorcycles ran at Nelson Saturday and Sunday. Repairs were made in the week or so prior that had people feeling "better" about the surface.

I have also been told that they have named a new track manager, and assuming that information is correct, he has a vested interest in keeping the track safe for bikes.

crossing my fingers that this is the first of many positive steps.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Part of the initial thing was they supposedly made Todd who runs Moto Series the track manager. That'll make renting from him interesting if true. Slight conflict of interest.

13. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

Todd is now the manager.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good luck to him.

15. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Technically you are renting from the owner. If Todd is doing his job correctly there should be no conflicts. I doubt the owner want Moto Series to be the only renter of the track and I doubt it could survive that way.

Not sure if there are any past issue between WERA and Moto Series. I hope not or hope it doesn't cause any future issues.

Anyone have any facts about track improvements? All I've read was that up until last Friday it was closed to allow for proper setting of the paving. Anyone know if it was just a minimal patch job or if large sections were paved?

Also, sounds like instead of pitbikes a few people should bring riding mowers to help cut the grass while we are there. :)

16. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Just get Amish Jake out there and he'll manually cut the grass and split fire wood :Poke: Jake.

So, what would the update be on the track then Sean? I doubt you've had a chance to call Todd yet after this weekend, but is that in the plan?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Technically that is true, the reality is the managers are the ones who set the calendars and in racing that is always the hardest part. I don't know Todd so I'm not assuming anything however his dates at other tracks go up against ours on a very regular basis.

Bringing a mower to Nelson has always been a necessity :D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah we'll be in touch as soon as we're caught up. We never heard anything official from the track the entire time so still planning on our event to happen.

19. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I haven't ridden with MotoSeries in a few years, and I've only met Todd on a couple of occasions, but my impressions of him are that you/WERA have nothing to worry about.

p.s. - I will mow the grass at Nelson for a very reasonable price!

20. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Patches were adequate, more are on the way. Volunteers mowed and weed whacked the weekend prior. Saturday turnout for trackday was decent. Turnout for sunday racing, not so good because of the weather forecast. It ended up raining from about 9 am to 4pm. ........:(. So there is hope.