1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.I.P. Nelson's Ledges

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, May 18, 2014.

1. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I got that wood splitting covered, as for cutting the grass you are going to have to bring all your bow legged sheep down to trim up the weeds. I am sure they have a strong appetite. :Poke::beer:

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't quite volunteer to mow the grass there, but I would do it for a reasonable fee.

totally biting off more than I can chew by saying that, but in a weird way I think it would be fun and satisfying to make such a huge cosmetic difference in a day's work.

3. ped

ped Banned

yeah I was gonna say the same thing.

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Todd is a good dude. I expect him to make great changes to NL.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool

6. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

so are they saying its not like racing on a chicago street any longer?? :D

7. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Michigan streets now JT.

8. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

This patching/repaving may mess me up initially though.

No kidding, I included in my notes from last year, satellite images noting which patches to go around or through. From the Moto Series pics I saw I assume much of the patching was between 3 & 4

9. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

There is patching in 3/4 and several other areas. To be honest, the track felt smoother this weekend than it did last year........ This coming from someone who cut my teeth on the bumps of Nelson. They never seemed to bother me much. After the next round of repairs, I'm confident y'all will be good to go for the Wera event.

10. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

Where does the event at Nelson Ledges stand? We are trying to get our schedule set.

11. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Last I spoke to Todd he said more asphalt repairs were being made prior to the aug 2-3 moto series event. And some farmers came out and cut and baled hay . So it should look decent as well. So things seem to be looking up. :beer:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We are racing. The track never canceled our date, we never canceled our date. Nelson was never totally shut down either.

13. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I heard rumblings of a "new" website being used until the current track management got control of the "old" website.

I'll see if I can track that down...

**edit - check here for updates until further notice, or until it starts directing you to the old site. http://www.nelsonledgesracecomplex.com/

14. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Good deal.

15. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Friend who races with another org. has been there multiple times, good things are happening. Not going to be a dream resort or anything anytime soon, but good things are happening.