1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.I.P. Nelson's Ledges

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, May 18, 2014.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

I.R.P., Bisches!! :bow::clap::beer::up:

And you pansy asses whining about Nelson being "bumpy".....

I raced there at *night*.... :wow:

In the rain. :eek:

Grow a pair. :p

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Just swap them around, make the first a double header and the September one a vintage round, that would work for me:D

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

IRP had lights at night. SLEDGES had lightning bugs holding hands for their 24 hour race.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That's not true. That had that big diesel generator that would blow black exhaust smoke across the front straight by the bridge...

5. Hyperdyne

That was mongo after hot chili night. He was CWing back then. Terrible thing about sledges and the wind always being out of the west :)

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I liked Nelson, I ran 2 24 hrs and a 4 or 6 hr there. However, it really didn't have anything to recommend it, I just liked it. I also liked IRP. It had some serious bumps. I was racing an XL500 so I had some rear suspension travel. I hammered the parking lot section so hard that I delaminated the carcass of a Dunlop slick so it chafed the tube and caused a flat. That tire was seriously deformed when I pulled it off. Lance David had the same issue on his TT500 there. I think IRP should be put back on the schedule. A little patchwork and some haybales and it would be fine.

I think we should go back to what the old NC region was; BHF, IRP, Grattan, RA, Wentzville and East St. Louis.

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'll always remember the races Sammy (Gaige) and I had at Nelson over the years. Five races between us, each decided by a tenth of a second. We pushed each other at every event, less than a tenth off the lap record. Back then there were good grids there and the place was a blast.

8. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

i love putnam, but admittedly i still go 80-90% through there, seen way too many hit the wall..

crap.. i was just being greedy, they are all pretty close to me :D

9. ton

ton Arf!

Eddie,

How do you feel about racing @ G-man with the armco outside the 90 degree right from the backstraight to the front straight? i always backed off there at trackdays...

10. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I thought this replave plan mentioned was to include altering that and push the pit entrance back some to make more room there.

11. ton

ton Arf!

that would be fantastic! haven't been there since the year they added the new track section. i always thought it would be a pretty easy fix to re-route the exit/pit roads. maybe 50 yards of new pavement and move the ARMCO...

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I've crashed there and I didn't make it to the guardrail. As I recall, the 90-degree corner is slower, but it's been awhile since I've been back there.

13. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

I thought they got rid of that with the new section. Which is quite phenomenal :D

14. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Ya, and you calling the Diasio's pricks makes you the ideal candidate....:rolleyes:

15. Hyperdyne

Trust me.. There is no love loss on Dick's side.

16. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

A little update from a well connected SCCA member. Track may not be dead, but is on lifesupport

http://www.mvrscca.org/Nelson Ledges.pdf

From a previous update I read from Reed that I can not now locate: there was a bike event where lots of equip was torn up by flying pavement. Renter bitched to owner, owner 'fired' the managers as they had neglected their duties and offered track management to the bike event official because he said he could do better. The update above picks up at this point.

17. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

18. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

This I know.

Bonnie and I always dealt with Chris and our relationship was excellent. So much so that we kept in touch after we sold STT.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure that's how Dick introduced himself to Evelyne in the beginning...seriously.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chris lying to dad is what started all the stupid online stuff - maybe not lying but not telling dad what he faxed me.