1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justified new season

Discussion in 'General' started by RazzelldazelS, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

2. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

These threads make me so happy.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Actually, I didn't. I don't have any idea what The Following is about. I'm gonna look, but I'm hoping it's not some sci-fi crap.... I like her character on Justified, just like to see her on there more.

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Serial Killer shit .

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yup, just read that. Might be something I'll check out.

6. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

it's a decent show. i like it, but i can't give away what i absolutely hate about it without ruining it for you if you haven't seen it. :cool:

it happens every episode and completely pisses me off to the point that i swear i'm not gonna watch it any more, lol. unfortunately, i suffer from a bit of compulsiveness and once i start a show i have to finish it, even if it starts out ok and then goes to complete crap.....i'm lookin' at you 'Lost' :eek:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  7. BaaadDucRonnie

BaaadDucRonnie Well-Known Member

I've watched Justified since the beginning and have only really continued to do so out of habit - no comparison between it and Breading Bad (BB is much more entertaining). I wouldn't call Justified a bad show, but it just barely holds my interest.

8. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

'no luck on Rappaport's awful character being killed off yet. 'here's to hoping for next week...

:D

9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Is anyone else finding this season boring as hell?

I feel like Boyd is running around, place to place, with no real strategy. And Raylan is just doing day-to-day stuff.

Michael Rappaport's not adding anything to the equation.

10. Venom51

Typical third season.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, the stuff you liked in the first two you've gotten used to so it's not as entertaining. Personally I'm liking Raylan getting back to being himself and the character Elmore Leonard created.

12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

???
    I think it's the 5th.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is but same thing :D

14. Venom51

I don't know...I just watch it.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

think I nodded off between Art trying to get tough with Raylan and the crazy money launderer that's as scary as a sock puppet. :D I want more details on the lifesaver hooker! :D

16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

The stuff I liked in the first four seasons:

The fight against outside influence in Harlan County. You've had Detroit, you've had the mining company, etc. None of that this season... Unless you count a brief encounter with Canadian "mafia" while in Detroit. :crackup: (the one guy was Curly from the Three Stooges movie, BTW)

Engaging bad guys - you've had Boyd, you've had Mags Bennett, you've had Quarles, you've had Wynn Duffy. Duffy is boring now because his character has changed from what it was. Boyd is still Boyd, but he's busy with Ava's drama (see below). This season, we get Michael Rappaport, who is Dewey's cousin. Hardly engaging or different. The rich guy in a hospital bed and his evil deputy aren't engaging. They're tired.

Engaging conversations/circumstances/side stories - you had the stolen evidence money, you had the Drew Thompson mystery, you had the evangelists, you had Limehouse, etc. This season, we've had Ava's incarceration (boring), and an orphaned teenager selling weed.

Its not that we've gotten used to it. This season just doesn't have the same flow or intrigue yet. I'll suffer through it though. I figure they're just trying to get the pieces in place.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dave Foley and Will Sasso - two good comedians, the whole scene had me rolling just because they were the bad guys :crackup:

I think the russian bride will become a great bad guy soon.

Agreed, this is all looking like buildup for possibly 2 or 3 story lines.

18. Venom51

As long as the keep Alicia Witt on screen for 40% of the air time...I'm good. Damn the story.

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'll stick with Amy Smart.

She's just the right amount of trashy.

20. Venom51

You can have her....wrong hair color.