1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justified new season

Discussion in 'General' started by RazzelldazelS, Jan 7, 2014.

1. RazzelldazelS

RazzelldazelS Well-Known Member

Anybody else looking forward to see what kind of badassery stuff Raylan Givens is up to?:clap:

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Of course!

4. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

:stupid:

-steve

5. Venom51

Alicia Witt...hot damn. I'm good for the season.

6. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

I thought the same thing.

Looks like they are lumping lots of stuff into this season. I thought last one started to drag a bit, although it was still good.

-steve

7. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to Justified and Archer :beer:

8. RazzelldazelS

RazzelldazelS Well-Known Member

The redhead i presume, where do i recognize her from? Im drawing a blank?
    Im not sure im liking this swampbilly business. I want the regular smokey mtn.hillbillys back. Being a creature of habit I get upset when they mess with the status quo.

9. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Looks like you'll get your wish next week.

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

How's it compare to Breaking Bad? I'm still in post-series depression.

I watched the first 20 minutes or so last night and it seems pretty good.

11. Venom51

She's been around a while. All the way back to the sitcom "Sybil". She was in 88 minutes with Pacino. She did a stint on Law and Order that I was unaware of until recently.

12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Its a good show. All of the main characters have some depth to them. Raylan Givens is the main character, Boyd Crowder is the anti-hero/nemesis. Best bad guy on TV, I think. Very well written. The concept for the show came from a short story by Elmore Leonard ("Fire in the Hole"). Go all the way back to the beginning if you want to start watching it. Lots of history that helps the story, even though you don't really have to watch every single episode in order.

13. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i'm not buying Michael Rapaport in his role. i've never thought that he was that great of an actor and obviously he's having trouble disguising his New York(?) accent with that of a south Florida redneck. :D

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah, he did seem to be working awful hard at it. Oh well, he'll probably be dead in a few episodes anyways.

15. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i'm hoping, that character seems weak, IMO. we'll see, i guess.

i wish Dickie Bennett was still around. :cool:

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Been around a lot longer than that
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001860/

17. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

I started watching on amazon last year, took about 3 weeks to catch all 3 seasons, was so bummed when I realized season 4 wasn't avail to view until season 5 comes on tv. So I've got last season to look forward to as well.

Raylon is a Glock slingin badass, and the pie is nice too!

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Dickie was awesome for Raylan to knock around. Wish they would show more of Winona.....

19. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Missing this and Sons is the only thing miss from ditching my cable.

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

As I'm sure you know, she's one of the key figures on The Following.
    From Entertainment Weekly :

RAYLAN’S END GAME
    With Yost anticipating wrapping the series after six seasons — it hasn’t formally been renewed past season 5, so, he jokes, “we could still screw it up” — the writers have to start thinking about where they want Raylan to end up. Will it be in Kentucky or in Florida, where Winona is now raising their baby girl? “I don’t think he ever wished to be the same kind of father he grew up with, and yet, he seems to very absent from his child’s life right now,” Olyphant says. “So you’re kind of asking, ‘Will he be present in that child’s life? And if so, how does that affect his life as a marshal? How does he define himself? That’s seems a good question that keeps coming back up.”
    For the moment at least, Raylan will be parenting long distance. “We’re going to try to keep that [Winona storyline] alive in a meaningful way,” the actor/producer says. “If we do that, I think it will be a win-win. We’ll feel the presence of the child and not have to act with them. That’s the way we like it. We’ve already got a dog [Danny Crowe's male pit bull, named Chelsea], we don’t need kids around.”
    Look for Raylan to meet a social worker, played by Amy Smart, in the second episode. Told EW approves of Raylan having more sex, Olyphant deadpans, “It depends who the sex is with, I guess, but you know, we like that — sex and violence, in moderation of course. That’s often, at times, the keys to good drama, and that’s what we’re trying to do here.”
    There could, however, be another source of drama awaiting Raylan. Teases Yost, “You remember how last season ended: Essentially Raylan conspired with a criminal [Sammy Tonin] to kill another criminal [Nicky Augustine]. He did it to save Winona and their unborn child. He didn’t feel he had any options. But that’s a big, big thing to do. I just pose a question to you: What if Art got some inkling that something wasn’t right? That’s all I’ll say.”