1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Josh Herrin at Daytona (new title, same thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by evil smile, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

http://www.earlscheib.com/

:D

2. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

:bow: can we see pics of their paint work on your ride? and how much u spent, maybe we could get more guys to run their paint. they get paint for 30 bucks a gallon, so they should be able to do a great job for like 200, :rock:

3. chadspaint

I think you're about right on here, this is a very good analogy I think.:bow:

4. Chip

Chip Registered

What he said....

5. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Word from an inside source was that Yamaha threatened to pull it's event sponsorship at Infinion at the last minute if the AMA didn't amend the penalty. This would have left Infinion in a huge bind. Strongarm tactic? Or Blackmail? No matter how this went down, it stinks on several levels.

Or...Meet the new boss; same as the old boss.

6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I heard something similar from the rumor mill. No idea if it is accurate.

I really hope it isn't.

7. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

My source is very close to this situation.

Factory team's rider takes out two privateers in a wildly dangerous move.
    Result:Factory rider gets amended slap on the wrist.

Reverse situation is privateer Sellers takes out factory rider in an overly enthusiastic move and gets a major 2 race suspension (2 event?).
    Yes Sellers did asspack Herrin but that's happened many times in racing without penalties.

It'll be interesting to see how the new and improved factory butt-licking AMA will take its lead from Yamaha at Infinion. Will Herrin be allowed to enter all practices and qualifyings?

My quess he'll miss race #1 but be allowed to get on the track for everything so that the only penalty will be a DNS for one race. I'm sure the AMA/Yamaha cartel will site safety reasons to let him on the track even on the day he is supposedly banned. This way he can qualify and get a grid spot on Sunday. Which makes me wonder if the AMA will then have an empty spot on the grid on Saturday where Herrin qualified, thus depriving the riders an opportunity to move up a spot or a row. It's going to be interesting to see how the AMA sugar coats this blatent favoritism to the other teams and riders.

Time will tell...............I could be all wet on this.............but the AMA has a long history of unabated factory suckupism.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Wait a minute.

WAIT a minute!

I thought the DMG/AMA hated the factories and did everything it could top drive them away.

Well, that's what I read on the BBS, anyway...

9. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Do you have anytime to surf this week?

10. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

:bow:

11. chadspaint

def not today! ;)

I think Seller was already on probation for blasting someone in the rear. :D

12. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

That was the Roger E DMG
    Try n keep up
    He is off selling purses now...

13. Fent

Fent I'm Registered??

:up::up::up: Never worked with "HP", but anyone who sees him at the track should agree 110% with your statement. :clap:

Todd

14. stow

stow Well-Known Member

I bet Biaggi wishes DMG/AMA was officiating the Monza race.

15. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

:crackup::crackup:

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sounds about right, here he is practicing for his "one" race.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i wish someone at ap designs would color profile there printer

18. unfast1

unfast1 Well-Known Member

Same thing I was thinking.