1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Josh Herrin at Daytona (new title, same thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by evil smile, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Go back and look what all the experts said on here about that one :crackup:

2. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

You said he was being a douche. Douche without meeting is ok but brat isn't?
    Shit doesn't matter to me, but the standards shouldn't change just because you know and like Josh. Unless "being" and "is" causes the problem. It may depend on what your definition of is is.
    Steve

3. AFMotorsports

AFMotorsports Well-Known Member

I don't get it, what's "interesting"? Forget for a moment that it's about Josh Herrin, if the actions of some random guy caused two other guys to crash at high speed, wreck their stuff... and then the "random guy" was quoted as saying 'I didn't have time to go talk to one of the guys'... would you suggest that people are "jumping to conclusions" if they consider the "random guy" a "brat" or maybe a jackwagon??

On what grounds are you defending Herrin? Am I missing something? Is there really an excuse for Herrin not to go over to Westby and at least apologize for what happened? Rossi went over to apologize to Stoner knowing that it wouldn't be received well but he was still a man about it and owned up to his mistake.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes I did, I think people who lie are douches. It's a simple fact he lies - and to top it off passes it off as a whole movie which does add to the douche factor. Hence, I feel, him being a proven liar, he is a douche.

My standards don't change. Overall yes you can make a judgement on how you feel about someone without knowing them. However, saying they are a brat without actually knowing how they act doesn't work.

It's really not that difficult. Hell, thinking he messed up at Daytona I get. But people saying he did it on purpose doesn't. You can dislike how he has responded since but to call him a brat doesn't make sense.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not defending anyone. I find it funny that because of what you're reading on the internet you know how a person is in person.

What's the matter? Don't like someone apparently judging you who doesn't know you?

6. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Why apologise to "another" gixxer that spent time in a race stuffing it up the inside of Josh. Dane did do that in the 200 . Almost took Josh out doing it too.If you watch the race you will see it. Josh did NOT purposly take anyone out! He's got a steroid pummper on his left wrist ( or whatever it is) to make it heal from the other gixxer that stuffed up in his blind spot.. Give the kid a break . I mean F-ck! Enough is enough already

7. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Conversely Sean, maybe your personal experience/knowledge of Josh is skewing your opinion of his actions. ;)

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope - haven't said a single word about his actions. I really do tend to choose the words I use specifically ;)

Keep in mind I know and like Dane a lot too.

9. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Fair enough. :up:

10. AFMotorsports

AFMotorsports Well-Known Member

Ahhh, I think maybe I'm starting to see your train of thought. "Brat" is a state of being in your book, but you don't see that term being used as "how you feel about someone". Since you agreed that "you can dislike how he has responded" then maybe other terms are acceptable (douche, weasel, jerk, etc.) but not "brat". FWIW, I definitely don't believe that he did it on purpose, I just feel his actions after the fact displayed very poor sportsmanship. There's really no excuse for not going over to Dane and at least offering an apology, regardless of whatever else happened in the race. I don't know of any racer who wouldn't feel bad about (unintentionally) causing another rider to crash at such high speed and destroy his motorcycle, so I have to assume Herrin must feel bad about the end result even if he's not buddies with Dane.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, brat has a pretty limited definition. Agree his actions after aren't becoming in the least.

12. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Whatever. Sounds like a bunch of rationalization to avoid saying the truth: we ALL judge people by the things we hear them say and see them do, without knowing them on a personal basis, and the terms we use to describe them are based in our personal experience not some universal code.
    Steve

13. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Websters dictionary defines it as "an ill-mannered immature person".

I thought that was pretty goddamn spot on... You don't need to know someone personally to form the opinion that they are a brat. Also I thought "brat" was definitely on the kinder, milder side of things...

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And as I said, have you met him?

15. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

No, I haven't. I'm sure all in all he's not a bad person, but in following the AMA for some time now I've formed the opinion that Herrin is a brat. Would I change my mind if I met him? Maybe... Probably not though. It's easy to be nice and cool to someone's face while acting like a brat to a third party.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Uh huh.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have but not in a few years. Far from a brat, just a goofy ass kid.

18. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Fixed :up:

19. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

About the only guy in this deal who won was the painter who got paid to paint the replacement bodywork on Dane's bike. I wonder who THAT is?

20. Hypnotiq

Hypnotiq Well-Known Member

Did the frame even survive the hit into the wall? Seems bodywork was the least of that bikes problem.